Have i got a pest?

Subutai

Noticed some strange marks on some of the leaves on one of my girls in the veg tent.

I had a look around with a loupe, did'nt see anything, but the marks are on top of the leaf, and when i zoom in i can see tiny little black balls where the marks are.

growing in soil.

Temps are 24.C to 28.C

Humidity is 37% to 45%

large.20240125_174421.jpg.1fabdda7e2eda9a07f893e1d5f701e26.jpglarge.20240125_174100-0.jpg.1b7e6aa13e544e2638d538127632fbe2.jpglarge.20240125_174013.jpg.70438e5a44ee08f3fd72775ed54affbf.jpglarge.20240125_174310.jpg.d98ce427c3a98c0d14cbe0fa2a83160d.jpg

Try looking at the undersides of the leaves - thrips are pretty tiny and more long than round - spider mites are bigger and rounder

Im thinking thrips from your pics

Thrips no doubt,kill that :boxing:

Looks full blown as well,get 2 products and use them every 3 to 4 days,last i used was neem oil and dr schimmel spider mite terminator combo. Plenty on shelf to use since your in veg.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had mites before, so that was the first thing i looked for, but cannot find anything for them.

The marks and little black spots are on top of the leaves.

Currently reading the Dettol thread lol

• Like 1

Good luck getting rid of them - always found thrips easier to deal with than mites.

I have some Neem oil, powdered citric acid, and Dettol (a cheaper version ) & sticky yellow insect traps.

My plan of attack is to fill a bucket with 20ml of dettol per 1L of water, and dip the plants into this.

Make a Neem oil and citric acid spray, and spray the top of the soil.

Clean and wipe down the tent with the same Dettol mix.

Then hang some of the sticky yellow insect traps.

Repeat every 48 hours for 1 week.

You can give it every 3 days and prolong that to 2 weeks.

Not sure what detol is but drench with it as well imo not just neem,very important to drench. I hit them with neem then schimmels then neem again and so on until they gone,they cant adjust when using 2 products makes their head spin.

Good luck

Edited by Herbal Kint

19 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

You can give it every 3 days and prolong that to 2 weeks.

Not sure what detol is but drench with it as well imo not just neem,very important to drench. I hit them with neem then schimmels then neem again and so on until they gone,they cant adjust when using 2 products makes their head spin.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice.

Dettol is an antispetic and disinfectant. (if in the USA i think its called Lysol)

there is a thread here about it  https://www.uk420.com/topic/419337-experiments-with-dettol/

Edited by Subutai