Rosin Press Controller Issues

Military Grade

Hi everyone

I got a Rosin press a few months back, worked fine first go, then the second go with it about a month later it wouldn't heat up, or set temperature and had a ⁰⁰⁰ code of the screen, that second time I pressed and held different buttons and changed a setting and it started working again.

I got it out again today and had the same problem but for love of me can't get it working again.

large.20240125_020427.jpg.0f15bb6d326f2dad64bae355cfef341c.jpg

This is a bit of a pain as I wanted to press a load of bud to free up my jars for my next harvest, and not have to buy a bunch more jars again.

Anyone have any knowledge about these presses/controllers, or any suggestions?

Edited by Military Grade

That's not good 

I hope it's just a bad connection as the manual says that it's either a problem with the display or the heat sensor wire and to contact them if you see ooo ( xheatpress.com )

Reading the comments for their YouTube vid someone there fixed the same error with a new element

Edited by Hippie on hill
  • Like 1

Where are you storing it? Some appliances with heat sensors need to be at room temp before they work properly. If your storing it in a shed or garage at this time of year it might be the issue.

• Like 1

@Shogun Stored in my bedroom average temperature is 23-24c.

Got a reply from seller asking to see a video of it in operation and send it to them, so I will do that later. Fingers crossed that will be enough for them to resolve the issue for me, opening up the back will be a last resort as I have no idea about circuitry lol

• Like 1

Might just be the heaters fucked if it was the PID it wouldn’t power on. If it was me I’d get a separate PID and some decent heater cartridges   And upgrade. Obv see what they say first about it. A mate had few Chinese  presses in the early days and every one had issues wether the seals popped or faulty cartridges etc. 

• Like 1