Producing seeds need help

Michaelv

Hello I am hoping I can get some advice as I am at a total loss. 

The last 3 crops I have done have produced seeds and I cant figure out why. The first crop had a lot of seeds i assumed this was due to temp stress as for 3 days during flowering it hit over 30C. The second crop i had a few days that hit around 29 but all looked healthy and had a few seeds. This current crop which is about 3 weeks from done looks heavily seeded and everything was within the perfect enviroment conditions. Temperature never dropped below 20C apart from 1 day at 18C and were around 25-26C daytime with 2 days at 28.4C max. Humidity levels around 40-55C at all times.

I have a 3x1.5m tent ran off 4x telos10pro and 4x 315cmh with only 1 ran at a time changing daily. I have a dehumidifier also and ran of enviro controller. 

Please help as I simply cant figure out what im doing wrong. Everything always look healthy and is a nice smoke apart from the seeds. 

Are you using the same clone by any chance for all 3 grows? Genetics can play a big part.

:g:

• Like 1

No i always use seeds. I have done watermelon, strawberry cough and jack herer

All producing seeds 

• Like 1

check for light leaks,

or timer malfunctions,

or overfeeding

there are a few reasons why seeds hermie,

• Like 2

I have checked for light leaks i cant see any 

My timer doesnt appear to be faulty i rotated it several times to make sure it doesnt come on when lights should be off.

I ec my feed to around 1.8 to 1.9 ec sometimes as low as 1.6ec to avoid overfeeding.

The only thing i can think of is i take some leaves off during flowering to get light to bud sights. Could this be a cause?

Obviously it depends on the brand and yer base EC but 1.9 sounds pretty high. Dunno if this would cause herms/seeded bud though. 

I use ro waters and all leaves and plants always look healthy all the advice i have heard advise ec of 2.0 to 2.2.

What would you recomend to ec at. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michaelv said:

I have a 3x1.5m tent ran off 4x telos10pro and 4x 315cmh with only 1 ran at a time changing daily

Whats the reason for this? Do you mean that you only run one of the cmh per day and then change the one you use each day? 

Also the seeds are they autos, fems, regular?

@Michaelv I’ve seen those numbers used when discussing this fancy Athena(?) ‘murican stuff. I usually hover around 1.4. But if the plants are fine then it can’t be that I guess. 

• Like 1

What breeder are the seeds from? Does your dehumidifier have a light on it? 

• Like 2

The breeders are royal queen seeds and dutch passion. The dehumidifier does havr a small blue led

You don't wanna any light no matter how small. I don't know about green light, apoarently that's ok but I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michaelv said:

Hello I am hoping I can get some advice as I am at a total loss. 

The last 3 crops I have done have produced seeds and I cant figure out why. The first crop had a lot of seeds i assumed this was due to temp stress as for 3 days during flowering it hit over 30C. The second crop i had a few days that hit around 29 but all looked healthy and had a few seeds. This current crop which is about 3 weeks from done looks heavily seeded and everything was within the perfect enviroment conditions. Temperature never dropped below 20C apart from 1 day at 18C and were around 25-26C daytime with 2 days at 28.4C max. Humidity levels around 40-55C at all times.

I have a 3x1.5m tent ran off 4x telos10pro and 4x 315cmh with only 1 ran at a time changing daily. I have a dehumidifier also and ran of enviro controller. 

Please help as I simply cant figure out what im doing wrong. Everything always look healthy and is a nice smoke apart from the seeds. 

Invest in a small nursery room, where you can keep known mums that don't hermie.

Shop bought seeds are the weed equivalent of caged hens, and can be prone to stress, a bit hit/miss. Once you have the light leaks sorted (switch the room lights off while plant lights are on and see if you can see anything). With a nursery, you can take a few cuttings off anything you flower, and if anything special turns up, i.e a plant that doesn't hermie, and keep her as a mum for future consistency.