Dehumidifier compatible with Inkbird?

Bobcharlieeeee

Anybody recommend a dehumidifier that will work with an Ink bird controller?

I bought one, but it doesnt switch back on after the inkbird turns it off! its not a physical power switch. 

Also after the same info.

Ive heard of people modding them but that'll obvs void the warranty. Just to add if you do get it working the dehumidifier will need 10 mins before it can be fired up again to stop it getting damaged. You can tweak the setting of the inkbird to allow this (or so I'm led to believe)

@GSZZ recommended one to me a while back. I have to set an alarm on my govee hygrometer if it goes off I control th dehumidifier via app & wifi. It’s a pain in the arse. Pretty sure they were ‘Ora’ dehumidifiers but don’t quote me on that.

54 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@GSZZ recommended one to me a while back.

Could it have been an ebac one? 

• Like 2

I have an Ebac one - its old, like 20 years old but it does work with an inkbird as it turns ON right away with power

• Like 1

My Meco 20L works if you you turn it off and back on again if it was on when it was turned off.

I soon found you don't need it plugged into a controller anyways.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

+1 even my 20 year old Zebra has an accurate enough hygrometer built in, think it allows a swing of about 2%.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Dunno about the OP but I'm gonna have mine set up outside my flower box in the 'lung room' due to lack of space. Also I have a brand new humidity inkbird sitting in a drawer I'd like to get some use out of. Not sure how effective it'll be controlling it in that way but I'll give it a bash and see what happens!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

Dunno about the OP but I'm gonna have mine set up outside my flower box in the 'lung room' due to lack of space

That's how I have mine, still don't need an inkbird.  As long as the lung room has a lower humidity than you desire in the grow room that's all you really need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

That's how I have mine, still don't need an inkbird.  As long as the lung room has a lower humidity than you desire in the grow room that's all you really need. 

Ahh that's good to know, cheers