Perfect Compact Heater for a Small Space

MindSoup

Hello Chums 

I was asking about compact heaters the other day, trying to find something to wedge into my veg cab. I can't remember who it was, but someone mentioned ceramic vivarium heaters, absolutely perfect! 

large.20240122_095342.jpg.ad3b3f54542db09d941f81c5277f0f00.jpg

This tiny little thing is supposedly 100 watts and it fits in the palm of your hand, that cage is about the size of a half pint cup. The sides don't put out a lot of heat either, it mostly comes out of the bottom, so plants can get quite close without getting cooked. I can hold the cage in my hand when it's turned on no worries at all. Oh and in case you're wandering it doesn't emit any light. 

They're cheap as well, think this one was about 20 quid. Sat next to a fan it could easily heat a far bigger space than this it's hardly even warming up before reaching temperature. Larger sized bulbs are also available.  

So whoever it was, thank you, you've made my mother plant's very happy. 

• Like 9

I remembered looking at them when looking for a replacement for the oil rad.

Perfect for a small space and the one I saw had the controller and everything with it and pretty cheap.

Yeah nice one dude, definitely a winner. I think I payed 40 quid in total for the controller and heater etc, but yeah you can definitely can get them cheaper if your not in a hurry. 

I haven't actually measured how much it draws, but like I say in that little cab it's hardly trying, I feel like with good placement it might be able to heat a 2x2 on its own. I wouldn't be surprised if it's pulling a full 100 watts at all. 

Edited by MindSoup

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

100w is quite a lot. My 2” bar heater is only 35w

not here it isn't mate, i have a 300w ceramic fan duct heater (usually running at 180), it's smaller than a rubiks cube lol and it perfect for small spaces, it's not so good in a 1.2 tent in winter

• Like 1

I only just noticed where's the power lead for it can't see it in the pic. ???

Got me stupid head on and can't remember how to edit. lol

I been thinking about this all day like innit.

They would be good for a much larger grow initial outlay would be more expensive depending how many u used compared to a good oilrad.

But running costs would work out a lot cheaper.

Plus with them being so small u could place them in and amongst the plants getting the heat where it's needed.

I am all about efficiency u got to be the price on leccy these days.

I have found this winter grow that getting the enviroment right is more than half the battle and less is defo more if its in the right places.

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

100w is quite a lot. My 2” bar heater is only 35w

lol 2' I mean!! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eldo said:

Does it put out any light or glow orange/red?

No :hippy: 

1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

Got me stupid head on and can't remember how to edit. lol

I been thinking about this all day like innit.

They would be good for a much larger grow initial outlay would be more expensive depending how many u used compared to a good oilrad.

But running costs would work out a lot cheaper.

Plus with them being so small u could place them in and amongst the plants getting the heat where it's needed.

I am all about efficiency u got to be the price on leccy these days.

I have found this winter grow that getting the enviroment right is more than half the battle and less is defo more if its in the right places.

First bit, literally draped across the plants and stuff. Turned up late last night and I was pissed lol. The wire is coming out the other side and then runs behind the side of the bed for a bit so you can't see it in the photo.

Second bit. Running costs would be exactly the same, doesn't matter how big your heater is (or really what type) it will always cost the same amount of money to make the same amount of heat. A 1000 watt will just run for 10% of the time a 100 watt would. 

As you mentioned, what makes these better for certain purposes is the size, this is (supposedly) more powerful than both my 1ft tube heaters in the flower tent.  The less space I have to give the heaters the more space I can give the plants. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2