In-line carbon filter

Aphatspliff

Just got myself a Phresh in-line filter to make a bit more head room now I’m running LED. Is there a ‘best’ way to set them up? I’m thinking duct out the top of the tent, filter attached straight to the fan?

If you can you should extract from the lowest point possible. This brings warm air down from the top of the tent over the LED picking up more warmth on the way.

19 minutes ago, Aphatspliff said:

filter attached straight to the fan?

Yes, and use as few ducting joins as possible to reduce the chances of a leak.

• Like 2

If it’s a normal filter connect directly to the fan if poss . If it’s the inline you can put it anywhere as there’s spigots to connect to both ends of the filter. I think your on about normal standard filter?.

3 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

If it’s the inline you can put it anywhere

You can but it's still best to put it directly on the fan with as few joins as possible.

4 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

I think your on about normal standard filter?.

I dunno, he does say inline twice (title and body) and Phresh do make an inline fan, I googled it because it's not one of the few inline filter brands I've heard of before,  but they're made by Global Air Supplies who make CarboAir and Rhino too so it's not that surprising.

It's easier to assemble when you connect the filter directly to the fan. It means that you can use clamps instead of jubilee clips, connect the ducting, hook them onto the roof with adjustable hangers and hoist the whole lot up together. Not so necessary when using small fans but when you're getting to 6" and beyond, weight starts to make it very hard to work with.

Edited by Clubs

How does an inline carbon filter reduce space? Why not just reverse it outside the space and blow through it? You won’t even need the fan in there, unless stealth is your priority. 💪🏼

A fan blowing down above the LED light works better than having the CF on the floor taking up space, and it cools your LED driver, win win

Edited by Military Grade

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

A fan blowing down above the LED light works better than having the CF on the floor taking up space, and it cools your LED driver, win win

I'm going off-topic slightly but I don't find much benefit blowing down through the LED fixture when the driver's outside the room. I think you're running a Vipar XS Pro, aren't you mate? So I see the benefits with your set-up though. I am however intrigued by those Wind King fans that have O-ring oscillation, well 8f there's a chance of working for more than a month.

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

How does an inline carbon filter reduce space? Why not just reverse it outside the space and blow through it? You won’t even need the fan in there, unless stealth is your priority. 💪🏼

Realistically any space thats not like a bedside cabinet and has any substantial amount of water (hundreds of litres in most cases) going through it will mould the entire house out eventually, I'm talking water running down the windows and walls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clubs said:

but I don't find much benefit blowing down through the LED fixture when the driver's outside the room.

Not sure why someone would have the driver on the outside in the winter? Unless they bought some flawed designed fixture.

The leds still produce a fair bit of heat hence the need for all the heatsink Fins on the back of them.