New grower

Nate420MP

I have a 60x60x160. Can’t decide between an lumatek ats 200w or a spider hydro led light. 
which fan would be best to get for noise. I don’t want to break the bank but willing to spend for comfort. I am using 4” carbon filter. Is it worth getting a Mars Hydro 4'' Ventilation Inline or an ac infinity? I will also be using can silencer to reduce noise. Any info or tips would be great. 

I ran one of your options as my first proper set up (basically what was left after I bought a cheap  Amazon kit and then almost instantly upgraded 75% of the set up) 60x60x160 tent, Lumatek Attis 200 and ac infinity 4” fan with ac67 controller and Rhino filter. I have no experience or useful knowledge of the mars or spyder kit.  I really really rate the Lumatek light, top build quality stuff,  but while it does fit really neatly in the tent, as soon as you connect the power cables and controller cables it’s slightly too big for the tent. The cables all fit in the side of the on board ballast and the power connection adapter on the cable means you need another couple of inches space so the cables aren’t crushed against the tent edges. I ran it just fine for a couple of runs but it is not very sympathetic or healthy for the power cables so I would recommend checking  to see if the spyder light fits better if you have already got the tent.
The ac fan unit is also brilliant, on the lower settings you will mostly need to run it at it is really quiet already, with the silencer it should be truly silent I would imagine. Wouldn’t be surprised if the mars fan  is just about as good though, the ac infinity kit is great but it’s not as high quality as the price tag and marketing would make you think. 

• Like 2

ac infinity are what i see being  used the most although i cannot comment from personal experience as i dont own an intake fan. Ac infinity do have a good reputation for solid equipment. I haven't seen or known anyone using a mars hydro intake.

MistY

• Like 1

as for led i use a mars hydro ts1000 150w and am very happy with it. Never had it above 50% and have just switched to flower. Got it in a 80x80 tent. 

MistY

• Like 1

The Viparspectra xs1500 pro is well worth considering. 

I use AC Infinity kit on a small tent with the older 67 controller, it's Bluetooth rather than wifi, but other than that it does everything I need. Only issue I've had over years of use is an ACI carbon filter failing after very limited use. It's a 0.4x0.4x1.0, with such limited space I house both filter & fan outside of the tent. 

I'm using the smaller viparspectra P600 & XS1000 lights, both have been excellent. 

• Like 5

@Nate420MP hey there .... I'm a newbie, got 2 grows behind me and this is what I got ....

60x60x140

Viparspectra P1000 and P600

AC Infinity Lite 4" extractor fan

AC Infinity 6" oscillating fan

AC Infinity controller 67 Bluetooth

1x Warm cupboard

Got no complaints and no problems with the grows, However if I knew better I may well of bought the Viparspectra xs1500.  The extractor can get load above 5.

Hope this helps a bit 😃

• Like 5

I am growing in a confined space I will have my fan and carbon filter in the loft while  the ducting will be leading through one vent through to the loft ceiling down and with a can silencer to reduce noise. I am having trouble figuring out how I can have oxygen coming from the other vent without causing the smell to leak out. I am restricted to space hence why the filter and the ac fan will Be in the loft. I am trying to keep the noise to a minimum and trying to hide the smell to best of my abilities. Any suggestions or knowledge on this? 

• Like 1

I very much doubt you'll need the silencer if you're extraction is coming out in the loft. 

Most people with small tents don't use an intake fan, I've ran 80cm2 tents without them, just passive intakes and a 4inch extractor. The tent needs to be somewhere dark though or you need to light proof the intake with something like a cooker filter as you don't want light leaking in during the dark period. 

• Like 6

@Nate420MPI'm not fully understanding your issue, regarding a passive intake & smell leakage.

Through seedling/clone rooting & early veg, my extract runs with a minimum fan speed of zero (it's off), the 67 monitors both the temp & RH and turns itself on if either reach the max settings that I've pre selected. I supply all the 'fresh' fully oxygenated air the tiny lady requires opening the tent to assess & water a couple of times a day. 

When fully into veg, I change the minimum setting on the 67 to 1, this runs the extraction system in an always 'on' condition, only ramping the fan speed up as temp/RH dictates. 

This then provides a full negative pressure situation where smell can't be released into the room my tent is in. 

My passive input is fully light protected. 

• Like 3