New life

Trussell420

Hi all, I think if you said 10 years ago i had joined this forum I would have said fxxk off, YET here I am and thank you all, 

8 years ago I got severely injured whilst at work, I worked for British Customs, any way the injury caused me to have up to 10 to 20 sezuires a day and did not leave my bedroom for 2.5 years and had signed a DNR, the last resort was cannabis which reluctantly I tried it's now been 6 months sezuire free and went out on my own for the first time today. My god what a wonderful drug I HAVE A LIFE AGAIN. hope your enjoying your smoke tonight currently smoking delehaze and it's lovely. 

• Like 15

Sorry to hear of the journey that brought you here but great to hear of your new found life. Welcome in buddy, make yourself at home. Have thou made the jump to growing yet or just sniffing it out a bit?

• Like 3

Hiya,enjoy your spliff mate.I know what you talking about unfortunately. I had accident at work in 2017, first i had metal frame on my leg from knee to the bottom.After 2,5 bin amputated cuse infection but forexample under the 2,5years i was only can sleep on back etc..But after the amputation when i get my first phrostetic leg and i start walking again that was unspeakable momment.:bong:

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, CuriousOrange said:

Sorry to hear of the journey that brought you here but great to hear of your new found life. Welcome in buddy, make yourself at home. Have thou made the jump to growing yet or just sniffing it out a bit?

It's in the pipe line I have the ideal place for a grow. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Norbinyo said:

Hiya,enjoy your spliff mate.I know what you talking about unfortunately. I had accident at work in 2017, first i had metal frame on my leg from knee to the bottom.After 2,5 bin amputated cuse infection but forexample under the 2,5years i was only can sleep on back etc..But after the amputation when i get my first phrostetic leg and i start walking again that was unspeakable momment.:bong:

Amazing feeling mate it's unreal. 

• Like 3

Hey @Trussell420 and welcome to UK420.😃

It's excellent to read that you found the weed to help your condition, A lot of us here are using it for some condition or other ... for me, it was a motorcycle RTA 🏍️ ...  and a touch of mental issues 🤪 .... will be looking forward to any grows you decided to try.

If I may ask a question, which can ignore or tell me to feck off ....

After working where you did back then and now the situation you find yourself would advocate weed for legal medical use or even the whole hog and legalize weed for recreational use 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome to the madhouse mate good too hear cannabis has made a difference to your life. All the best with the future.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard sir !!       Awesome to hear your getting shit turned around and all the very best with it 👍

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard and great to hear a success story.  I recently turned an avid vegetable gardener onto it and it has dramatically improved his quality of life.  He no longer has to drink alcohol to fall asleep and his vivid nightmares have subsided while sleeping on cannabis. 

Great to hear your success.  Now, hope you like research! 

Time to figure out what about that particular strain is helping you and if the help comes in the form of other strains as well, or if its something particular in the "haze" category that's checking the boxes. 

E2A-  just looked.  Wasn't familiar with Delahaze.  Looks like that's from Paradise.  It seems to be listed just as " mostly sativa."  So perhaps there's something going on in NLD ( that's Narrow Leaf Drug-an alternate term for what most would describe as "sativa") lines that is appealing to your condition.   Some more research shows speculation that Delahaze is perhaps (Mango Haze x California Lemon Skunk)

Best of luck!

Edit again-  I assume, being new, you may not have any clue what the term "haze" alludes to.  Long story short, these days, it can mean a couple different things.  It was originally used as a term to describe a hybrid of "landrace" NLD (sativa) plants.  Some say it's a hybrid of colombians, some say it's a hybrid of colombian and/or mexican and thai.  I believe all those to be accurate, depending on the location and time period you're referencing. 

But for your purposes, at this point, it's safe to just consider "haze" a term used for NLD lines that are generally tall in stature with narrow leaf fingers.  Generally has flower density that is more loose than dense.  Typically alludes to an effect that is more "in the head" or mental and less "body" or laziness-inducing.  Generally more akin to caffeine than a sleeping pill, if that makes sense. 

If you'd like a visual representation, look in the strain talk section.  I have two threads that illustrate the difference in stature between NLD and BLD (broad leaf drug) plants.   the thread titled "ot1 haze indoors" is a great example of an extreme "NLD or HAZE" type plant.  Look for another thread titled "M10 x The Purest Indica" and that illustrates a textbook example of a BLD or broad leaf drug plant.  The tall plant is more "up."   The short plant will be more "sedative" 

Now im really done.  Sorry!

Anyhow, that's the end of the verbal diarrhea. Hope that's helpful  

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2024 at 07:58, handysmoker said:

Hey @Trussell420 and welcome to UK420.😃

It's excellent to read that you found the weed to help your condition, A lot of us here are using it for some condition or other ... for me, it was a motorcycle RTA 🏍️ ...  and a touch of mental issues 🤪 .... will be looking forward to any grows you decided to try.

If I may ask a question, which can ignore or tell me to feck off ....

After working where you did back then and now the situation you find yourself would advocate weed for legal medical use or even the whole hog and legalize weed for recreational use 🙂

Look it's like this I have seen tons and tons of weed destroyed, BUT I think how many people would that actually help, and feck yeah it should be legal not just for medical purposes, I must prefer the company who has had a smoke rather than a piss up idiot in the pub. Do you no how the cannabis overdose count in the UK over ten years, and the alcohol over dose rate was over the past month is. 

Well weed is 3 and that's due to the weed covered in fent

Alcohol over the past month is 1322.

Says alot

• Like 1

On 21/01/2024 at 13:29, Cajafiesta said:

Welcome aboard and great to hear a success story.  I recently turned an avid vegetable gardener onto it and it has dramatically improved his quality of life.  He no longer has to drink alcohol to fall asleep and his vivid nightmares have subsided while sleeping on cannabis. 

Great to hear your success.  Now, hope you like research! 

Time to figure out what about that particular strain is helping you and if the help comes in the form of other strains as well, or if its something particular in the "haze" category that's checking the boxes. 

E2A-  just looked.  Wasn't familiar with Delahaze.  Looks like that's from Paradise.  It seems to be listed just as " mostly sativa."  So perhaps there's something going on in NLD ( that's Narrow Leaf Drug-an alternate term for what most would describe as "sativa") lines that is appealing to your condition.   Some more research shows speculation that Delahaze is perhaps (Mango Haze x California Lemon Skunk)

Best of luck!

Edit again-  I assume, being new, you may not have any clue what the term "haze" alludes to.  Long story short, these days, it can mean a couple different things.  It was originally used as a term to describe a hybrid of "landrace" NLD (sativa) plants.  Some say it's a hybrid of colombians, some say it's a hybrid of colombian and/or mexican and thai.  I believe all those to be accurate, depending on the location and time period you're referencing. 

But for your purposes, at this point, it's safe to just consider "haze" a term used for NLD lines that are generally tall in stature with narrow leaf fingers.  Generally has flower density that is more loose than dense.  Typically alludes to an effect that is more "in the head" or mental and less "body" or laziness-inducing.  Generally more akin to caffeine than a sleeping pill, if that makes sense. 

If you'd like a visual representation, look in the strain talk section.  I have two threads that illustrate the difference in stature between NLD and BLD (broad leaf drug) plants.   the thread titled "ot1 haze indoors" is a great example of an extreme "NLD or HAZE" type plant.  Look for another thread titled "M10 x The Purest Indica" and that illustrates a textbook example of a BLD or broad leaf drug plant.  The tall plant is more "up."   The short plant will be more "sedative" 

Now im really done.  Sorry!

Anyhow, that's the end of the verbal diarrhea. Hope that's helpful  

Hey any advice is welcome thanks for taking your time to explain it appreciate it thank you 

• Like 2

Hi @Trussell420 sorry to hear your story but I’m so glad you have found a way to relieve your symptoms.

Good luck with setting yourself up, I’ve been lurking on here and it’s a great place to research for sure!

All the best!