Pre-buffered Coco & Hard Water

AJA

Need someone to explain how using  pre-buffered coco with hard tap water works.

My Coco is washed and buffered EC01 and Ph stable , but WTF this means i dunno.  Does that mean i dont have to pH down my hard tap water ?  EC 0.7 pH 7.5

What about my nutes,  Plant Magic Coco A+B for Hard Water ?   Surely Plant Magic have adjusted the nutes already for high pH so will this affect the pH stable Coco?

Get your Finnished nutes to what you want I.e 6 or 6.2 then add to your substrate.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

You’ll need to pH down if the feed doesn’t bring it down to the required level. Measure it once you’ve mixed in all yer bits and adjust accordingly. As long as you feed within the prescribed pH levels you’ll be reyt. Don’t worry about the coco. 

• Like 1

Thanks peeps.   Straight anwers - fab  👌

Ya Goohfy ,  got me a Milwaukee , which is how i know the pH of my water. 

• Like 1

So just mix your feed to whatever ph you want then feed your plants peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

Good lad.

I was just wondering how the pH'd and EC 'd feed affects the Ph in the Coco, but i can ignore the Coco, which makes things simple

• Like 1

I bought a new brand of coco pebbles and burned my plants first watering, I wondered if it could be this I have really high base ph. There fine now just that first water. 

Has me wondering about my failed seed germ.,  and wondering if my tap water was to blame.  I had 5 Purp. Lemons in a propagator,  good temps. and plenty of RH.

I kept them moist with tap water

Only 3 of the 5 grew taps, so i chucked the  lot in Coco, and 7 days on, not a sign of any growth.  Nothing.  The 3 with taps never grew their taps any bigger and the other 2 just didnt  bother growing any taps at all

Edited by AJA

I always wash my pebbles first, even my coco now. I run a few boiling kettles of water through each pots filled with the medium. Had a bag of gold mix 60/40 and had fungal gnats within 2 weeks, after that i flushed the remaining coco mix via the kettle treatment. Bye bye gnats you annoying little bastards. 

MistY

• Haha 1

I've had the fuckers too.  Murdered them with Diatomaceous earth,  Mosquito Bits and Neem

• Like 1

Just now, MistYGr33n said:

I always wash my pebbles first, even my coco now. I run a few boiling kettles of water through each pots filled with the medium. Had a bag of gold mix 60/40 and had fungal gnats within 2 weeks, after that i flushed the remaining coco mix via the kettle treatment. Bye bye gnats you annoying little bastards. 

MistY

Should have mentioned in relation to the PH, now after flushing with boilng water i tested the runoff, it was neutral. The bag stated it was buffered but it also said i had to use gold mix coco/hydro nutes which i wasnt. Also when i flushed the coco at first the runoff was brown so i carried on till i was happy and the runoff was clear.

MistY

1 minute ago, AJA said:

I've had the fuckers too.  Murdered them with Diatomaceous earth,  Mosquito Bits and Neem

I couldnt get hold of anything at the time and couldnt use amazon so i figured boiling water might fix the issue, it seemed to do the job and it didnt cost me anything. I didnt use this for the pots i had plants in mind. For them i just covered the coco with 1 inch of clay pebbles and had to manually kill the existing gnats which took about a week i think. I used a hoover on them.

• Like 1

My pre-buffered Coco has trace elements, apparently, although i dont what they are, i'm wondering if boiling water kills the trace elements