Delaying harvesting

JimmyPage

Ideally I would like to have harvested my bay today. However because MrsJP has visits from nurses, it looks like the next free day will be next Friday.

Plant is starting to take just water (EC keeps rising) I was going to flush for 3 days before chopping.

Trichomes are still clear (to be honest I have never seen them any other colour) so I guess there is still time to go.

Are there any points to watch for with a late harvest ?

(funky new site btw. Freaked me out at first !)

1 hour ago, JimmyPage said:

Trichomes are still clear (to be honest I have never seen them any other colour) so I guess there is still time to go.

This is a bit odd, Is it possible you've never let a plant fully mature? Out some piccys up if you can. 

They might try and pollinate themselves, obviously it will be too late for it to seed themselves. I've had cuts before that never throw any nanas but if you go a week too long say it throws some out. Ok if you're not a perpetual harvester, something to watch out for if you do.

• Like 1

Just a quick massive thanks to those who replied.

In the end, circumstances happened that I was able to harvest today - sort of as planned. Would have been nice to have flushed a bit longer.

Despite this plant being a bit tricksy to start with, 4 hours harvesting tells me I think it's a record yield. I'll update the thread in Problem Solver with the final weight.

Sorry I never posted any pics. Still having browser/site issues and not enough time to sort it.

Regarding trichome colour - maybe I haven't grown a plant to the limit. But this far in (this is my 19th year growing) I'm quite happy with what I get . And so is MrsJP, who was the reason for starting. 

• Like 1

I dare say you know how to a cook a plant properly by now then lol. Glad the harvest went well dude :hippy: