Maxibright 1030w pro led height?

OrganicPanic

Hi!

Any help super appreciated!

Got some of these LED and currently have one at 4’ and one at 3’ in veg at 100%

Getting some leaf curling etc.

I understand from the manufacturer they can go as low as 50-60cm! 

If anyone has experience with them please let me know what heights your going with.

Thanks in advance x

Have a look for PAR maps for your light :) 

They’ll give you a better idea of power settings and height for each stage of growth 👍

Atb

☯️

How much light you can give your plants relies heavily on the quality of your environment, so keep that in mind when adjusting your light. 

It's worth doing some homework. Bruce Bugbee and Migro on You chube will tell you everything you need to know :hippy:.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Bruce Bugger

Autocorrect?? lol

Dr Bruce Bugbee 👍

Atb

☯️

Hi!

Thanks so much for the kind recommendations, I will study those videos later. i cant fond the data on the light.. sorry Im so bad with this… great with plants, bad with tech 😂

I got a light meter on phone running.

at 4’ getting 99k lumens at 3’ 115k lumens..

Is this right reading to work this out?

Im off to study… any help super appreciated.

Did it come with a manual? They're normally in there. 

As for the lux thing, we measure PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) not Lux.  Basically the part of the spectrum that the plants use. 

However with a few different lux meters you can use the guide below to accurately work it out. 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/420079-cheap-accurate-par-readings/

Phone apps are pretty unreliable, their light sensors aren't really up to the task and different phones have different sensors so theres a lot of inconsistencies. Gives you a rough idea though. 

Like I say, check out those channels and you'll soon know what your doing. Migro is a bit better to learn the basics in bite size chunks, what to do as apposed to why to do it. Bruce is good for when you want to go right down the rabbit hole and deeply understand what's happening why's, how's, when's etc 

Edited by MindSoup

Thanks mate I really appreciate the help. I cant open that link for some reason? This is a second account as has to do another due to security… maybe it’s because I haven’t got enough posts yet.

I will watch the videos soon as Im back indoors.

Thanks for all your help

Edited by OrganicPanic

Hahha!!!

I will  get a proper PAR reader.. tried one on phone just to see and got readings around 2,600 if that means anything to anyone 😂 

Im off to check out the vids

Edited by OrganicPanic

2600 PAR? Even if it's a very vague phone estimate that's waaaaaay too much.  

1000 is pretty much the maximum you'd go without CO2 supplementation. I run about 300 for early veg about 500-600 for later veg and about 750-850 for flower 

• Like 2

Yeah these phone ones are crap tbh the plants look good! 

I cant open link to good PAR meters if anyone got some suggestions for cheapest ones it would be appreciated x

24 minutes ago, OrganicPanic said:

cant open that link

Oh shit yeah Google search links are still old hang on.