Flowers losing smell near harvest

DeltaMelter

On 19/01/2024 at 17:37, DeltaMelter said:

@Herbal Kint Thanks man - that's high praise, I've seen your top shelf buds too!

It's deffo my weak point (drying), I'm trying to do too much at the same time as well (one tent in flower and one drying in the same room) so I need to calm down a bit and just do a good run for my jars instead of trying every flashy cultivar going with 5 different ones in a tent.

I remember my first grow and I dried it in 23C and 60% RH cos I couldn't control the weather didn't know any better and with the fan on about 1/3 speed . Annoyingly (in hindsight) it was actually banging. Nowadays I would look at those numbers and just think "that's going in oil".

Really thinking about investing in a wine cooler setup or just keeping harvests to winter and spring.

If taste is important, it seems a shame to not set up a perfect curing facility. Our weather is too shit. I eat mine, so taste is out the window from the decarb.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

If taste is important, it seems a shame to not set up a perfect curing facility. Our weather is too shit. I eat mine, so taste is out the window from the decarb.

Yup anything smaller than my thumb gets decarbed into oil - I'm really getting into it now as I have a big lump in a hot chocolate before bed and I'm still erm, 'medicated' come morning time.

On the wine fridge conversion though its convincing Mrs Delta that might be a different story. I'm quite tempted at having a go at Bubble Hash or some other extract like Rosin as I've grown a few cultivars that would probably work well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

Not sure if 500m3 vent will be to much airflow and take my terps away but if I go under that it reeks out of room every time and am done with biting my nails

That'll be because airflow inside your space either from an intake fan or the air movement fans is negating what little negative pressure your extract fan is generating by being turned down - turn the other fans off or right down

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 2 mahoosive 6 litre jars chock full of stinky cheese. Final yied from the 3 plants was over 10 Oz - I stopped weighing at that point. Very impressed with this new light.

I fed right to the end this time and I think it is what made the difference - also made sure I was keeping the Calcium up as I understand now that cutting that can lead to budrot. The flowers were way bigger than my last run (same cut) and no rot this time.

I have them stashed under the stairs though so my only concern is if 10C is too cool to cure? I might put them somewhere a bit warmer.

• Like 4

Not that many small buds as the canopy was level, most are over 2g and all the tops weigh about an eight each. Arjan might be a twat but Franco picked a winner here. I barely had to trim it either, just knocked the main leaves off and done. Just bucked them really - much better and stealthier than hours of stinky trimming.

Here is an average bud, I'm making oil with the smaller ones tonight and will leave the rest to cure for a few more weeks (jarred on 27 Jan so coming up to a week)

large.Francos-Lemon-Cheese-Bud.jpg.547b4c62c35c4459c26ad436a9ae69e8.jpg

• Like 8