Good morrow, citizens of... what mayhaps must, I think, be the future

Hieronymus Frutflanel

Hello... Hello... Is this thing on?

One two, one two ...  <taps it a few times> ah! Yes!

I think I was a member of this board, or one very like it, about 20 years ago but I have no record of much around that time as everything I owned was taken away for investigation by the Forces Of Darkness who should have returned it -  but conveniently sent collection info to the wrong address and then "destroyed" (yeah, right) everything they'd stolen,  along with thousands of hours of my work and all my contact details....

Okay, rant over.

If this is the same forum, and perhaps someone will enlighten me, back then any attempt to type in a word like Cano'beans would immediately cause it to be auto-corrected to something like ethnobotanical material, which seemed a bit pointless but was in its own way quite amusing....

Anyway that no longer seems to be a problem, and in this glorious free country of ours we can speak freely and enjoy all the fruits of a tolerant and open society with neither fear nor hindrance, so I'd like to welcome you all to the world in my head and I trust we shall all get along famously.

I've been an occasional user of "ethnobotanical lubrication" since around 1968, when a British Standard Quid Deal could get four of you incapably out of your home planet for three or four days.... Mind you, an ounce of shiny Moroccan or glistening Afghani cost seven quid but it wasn't long before that became the quarter-ounce price and things have never been the same since.

Hash was the preferred portal to oblivion. Buds/flowers were unheard of and _everything_ worthwhile was imported.

Nobody did home grown and grass was basically just something you planted in Council flower beds so you could stand back and watch the surprised delight of someone finding it - or the frantic clean up campaign when somebody official spotted it.

Now it seems that everything is domestic, and the quality of product has increased out of all proportion with the strains that have been developed since, I guess, the eighties.

Nice to meet y'all. If I've dumped this in the wrong category, I'm sure somebody will sort that out.

Insets new-fangled emoticon thingie of smiling face.

• Like 3

Welcome dude,on my old profile I signed up in '04 and cant remember any censorship here back then. You've come to THE right place though, so alls well and ends well:hippy:

You'd do well to crack on and grow a plant or 2, simple to set up and go.

Atb Anarchycamp

• Like 1

The 2 UK growing forums back then were UK420 and UKcultivator, neither censored in any way that I can remember. A lot of American forums on the other hand self censored incase there was legal comeback down the line. SWIM grew these plants, SWIM grew those plants etc etc. Those forums were a pain in the arse to read.

Welcome btw

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hieronymus Frutflanel said:

Hash was the preferred portal to oblivion. Buds/flowers were unheard of and _everything_ worthwhile was imported.

Mmm... Rocky Slate :bong:

You'll fit in here just fine.

Welcome.

Welcome to the boards buddy.

20 years is a long time ago, I'm sure you will be back in the groove in no time now your here.

Be lucky :yinyang:

Welcome pal. 

Did it scare anyone else when you realised 20 years ago was only 2004?

• Like 1

Welcome mate. 

Just checked my joining date, 20 years next year. Fuck, life goes by so fast. 

Don't think you were here, can't remember any of the censorship you mention. 

Thanks everybuddy for the warm welcome...

I don't really miss the censorship - I know it was all about self protection, but it all came over as a bit self-righteous and it sometimes made it difficult to discuss a point without it being misinterpreted.

Talk to you later....

Now, where's the table with the wefweshments?

4 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

Welcome mate. 

Just checked my joining date, 20 years next year. Fuck, life goes by so fast. 

Don't think you were here, can't remember any of the censorship you mention. 

Perhaps it was a lot longer than 20 years?

Yikes! That's worrying.

Been on the 'net since about 1990, when there wasn't even a web. Dial-up on demon internet.  We had to chisel messages on stone tablets back then and place them carefully on Usenet or bulletin boards after winding the clockwork up ... Motor cars were funny things, frightening.