Humidity

Isoterrapine

I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 inside the tent and my humidity is not stable I don't know what to do. I have a metre that has a timeline I can't upload it. 

Extracting outside the room? Not always advisable to dehum inside the tent. What size is the tent? Watering schedule? Active or passive intake, humidity rises during the night, warmer air holds more moisture, welcome to the forum. lol 

4 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Extracting outside the room? Not always advisable to dehum inside the tent. What size is the tent? Watering schedule? Active or passive intake, humidity rises during the night, warmer air holds more moisture, welcome to the forum. lol 

It's a massive tent 240.240.200 8" rhino output 4" rvk input  the output goes to rest of house.yes the dehumidifier is in the tent but I have less than a metre space in room with that massive tent water every 2 days feed every 4 

Thanks for the welcome

Edited by Isoterrapine
Clean

12 minutes ago, Isoterrapine said:

It's a massive tent 240.240.200 8" rhino output 4" rvk input  the output goes to rest of house.yes the dehumidifier is in the tent but I have less than a metre space in room with that massive tent water every 2 days feed every 4 

Thanks for the welcome

try putting the dehumidifier near to your intake RVK but outside your tent. 

this will bring in dry air from the dehuey directly into your tent. 

the chances are your tent is extracting the dry air before it has chance to circulate as the hot air rises up and out of the exhaust. 

another alternative is to place the dehuey furthest point away from your carbon filter inside your tent which then forces the dry air through the tent to exhaust up and out of the carbon filter. 

• Like 1

Holy grail is output to the outdoors, if you can make some kind of vent wedged into a window. If not, seal the room up and run the dehum inside that same room, they work better when they can stretch their legs so to speak. Watch out for showers and pasta cooking, which can affect the rh 

Condensation in windows, hacky solutions like fat combi pipes at windows....

My mind thinks - 'Tells'.

OP. I don't know your circumstance, but your place must be getting damp, too? Try and sort it mate. No one pays any attention to a well placed vent cover in a wall, I'd guess (as said above, 'out')...long as it don't stink.. Roof space if you have an upstairs/loft? If it's well ventilated, that can work.

I doubt your dehumidifier could keep up with that many plants pumping out water. Unless it huge. Damp/mould? It's shite for health, really shite.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

Just rigged up the dehumidifier output to my air intake. Will wait 24h and see how it goes. Next run will be to outside.

It's a netta dehumidifier and moving it outside has helped with the humidity greatly. Thanks all.

• Like 1