Heat Mat? This One?

Chal

Gonna be using two 10" square 'shopping bags' (Pouches. Coir Carriers. Ye know the things! :D)

Got my finger on the trigger, lads! If someone can't give me a compelling reason why Not ~ And point me to a better idea? ~ I'm pulling it on Two of These:

FIPASEN Reptile Heating Mat with Temperature Adjustment, 8x12 Inch.

Ye Know where I found them! Orinoco, isn't it? Something like that, we're s'posed to say? :rofl:

Anyway, yeah; Bags will extremely likely end up either side of tube heaters.  This size will give a bag best coverage. (20" x 10" 'Green Ones' couldn't work. Because, obviously, two 10" bags, jammed tight side by side? Fantastic, if they were demijohn's. Demijohns don't have fucking great Northern Light plants on top, trying to spread into eachother!)

It also gives each plant its own go at life. Separate support systems. If one mat fails me? All is not lost! Brucey Bonus, at least! ;)

They're also just the right side of 'reassuringly expensive' too. I found some other, £15.00 one. Looked a flimsy piece of shit. And its blurb was dreadful Chingrish.

Anyone got anything to say, before I hit that button and commit Two of these buggers to my bank account, please? <_<

4 hours ago, Chal said:

Anyone got anything to say, before I hit that button and commit Two of these buggers to my bank account, please? <_<

I run my fabric pots in 1m long plastic (tomato bag) trays to catch run-off & spills. I also raise the trays on 3" blocks of wood this keeps them off the floor & allows the heat from a tube heater to circulate beneath. (in theory).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lux_Interior said:

3" blocks of wood .

That's interesting! Yeah! I've 'got' the drip trays. 30cm Round ones. Cheapest I could get, at approaching the 'right' size. So; Each bag has its own mat and tray. The mats will be paired to a new Inkbird (Aquarium) Probed Thermostat + Wifi. I have one of these operating as we speak. For a tank. Good gear)

But, yeah; Getting the lot Up, so they can catch some of that sweet, upwardly drifting, tube radiation? Why not?! :D

:yep:

• Like 1