Advise

Pot of soil

So my room will either have 

3 x 240 highlights more the likely dimmed down a bit with either a 250 hps or 315cmh mainly for the heat in the middle

I only ever grown in compost but have decided to have a go at hempys with coco and some hydroponic pebbles in the bottom.

I have rooted out 7 cuttings and have had them in 3 inch pots for about 2 weeks.  All have survived and I now feel its a good time to put them into there hempy buckets.

I have some other plants in 6liter pots with compost which can be used to fill any gaps. 

I may or may not need them.

I was just after some advice about what would be a good  bucket size to go for in regards to the hempys.  

I know that a gram a watt is a good bench mark so going on that 

1000/28 = 35oz 

35 divided by the 7 plants in coco I have equals 5 oz a plant.

Option one is to go with just a hempy run this time and knowing I need 5 oz a plant pick a suitable bucket size to obtain that.

Or option two is 

to go with 5 plants in a hempy and make the rest up with a couple of plants grown in the compost.

Just wondered if anyone could share some of there findings and recommended me a bucket size.

I've found the usuall 5 and 10 liter ones but have also found an 8 liter horse stable bucket which might be the one to go for depending on the advise received. 

Ive also just seen a 7 liter bucket as well 

Many thanks 

Edited by Pot of soil

I useda five litre square bucket now so prob four litre of coco . Good yield for the space 1200x800 1600 high.  I’ve also done 10 litre and 14 litre buckets that grew huge colas but that was a larger space to fill. I use normal pots till the final pot up to a bucket. Irc I documented some in the old dinafem section cbd kush linked bellow .  I’ll see if I can find a more complete diary that showed others was mainly in the old serious seeds bit  and maybe in the main diary section under an older acc same user name lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 3

I grew in hemp buckets they where the 20ltr buckets you get in hydro shops . Drilled a hole 2” up. Done many different mediums mostly stuck with perlite vermiculite worked best for me. Tried coco and pebbles coco perlite but found what I first said worked best for me. Decent veg period used to get between 7-9 ounces a plant .

• Like 1