White worms in horse manure

Hello peoples , anyone help me figure out a potential dilemma. 

Went and picked up horse manure took it to site opened up one bag and there was lots of white thin worms never seen them before kinda thought they might have been baby earth worms but a Google search shows it looked like round worms.

I txt the lady coz there was children bagging it up at the place about 10 infact so thought shit they potentially could get ill including myself but the lady said the horses were all vaccinated so it's not a parasite and infact earthworms.

Question if they are roundworms will they be dead by may in the bottom of hole and compost ontop,  if I grow weed outdoors with manure that had roundworm would the weed be effected or would the weed be OK  

Just now, B-real said:

Hello peoples , anyone help me figure out a potential dilemma. 

Went and picked up horse manure took it to site opened up one bag and there was lots of white thin worms never seen them before kinda thought they might have been baby earth worms but a Google search shows it looked like round worms.

I txt the lady coz there was children bagging it up at the place about 10 infact so thought shit they potentially could get ill including myself but the lady said the horses were all vaccinated so it's not a parasite and infact earthworms.

Question if they are roundworms will they be dead by may in the bottom of hole and compost ontop,  if I grow weed outdoors with manure that had roundworm would the weed be effected or would the weed be OK  

could be POT WORMS. 

https://www.northeastworms.com/post/what-are-those-tiny-white-little-worms-on-my-bin#:~:text=Do you have a lot,case you're wondering).

@JonDaMon

Hey bro thanks for that yes they do look like that , phew now atleast I can relax abit .

But still cringed me out when I got a slash of wet horse shit/gunk up my face .

U da man bro thnx 4 that

Just now, B-real said:

yes they do look like that

Have a look at this B

Horse manure is very acidic and its a perfect environment for pot worms..also if its very wet there gonna thrive in those conditions too :yep:

@Revivethanks brother,  I'm leaning towards this as the manure came from a equestrian centre and the lady said it was well rotted and the horses had vaccines against parasites,  but being cautious especially when it's for my years supply I was cringing .

This has all helped ease my concerns now , yes the manure is water logged and not dry and crumbly like I would prefer. 

I'm just gunna fill the bottoms then add coco and compo then abit of native ontop might by perlite I've never used it b4 but last year alot of ground compacted so want a big aerated space for ze rootz. 

This year = BIG plants ( not tall )

18 minutes ago, B-real said:

This has all helped ease my concerns now , yes the manure is water logged and not dry and crumbly like I would prefer

Your right to be concerned brother B but by the sounds of it you should be ok.. they are beneficial for aeration just like other worms and are not harmful aside from the fact they can over populate if the conditions are right for them..the fact the HM was water logged I reckon there deffo pot worms..I doubt you have the room or place to do so but if the manure could be dried out a bit more they will probably not thrive as much as they are now.

+1 for big bushes not tall trees :yep: