If A Seed Sinks Straight Away Is It Definitely A Dud?

MindSoup

As the long title basically. Just chucked a seed in some water (with a dash of seaweed) and it sank straight away, is it worth waiting to see if it will pop or will it definitely be a dud? I've only got 2 and I don't think I can get any more. 

Edited by MindSoup

I thought being a floater was a bad sign as the duds are old and dried up, leaving enough air space in the shell that makes the seed float. I think sinkers are good signs as it means they are still moist and protein /fat filled inside with only a small air space?

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Well there we go, I did think it might be an old wives tale sort of thing. 

So you've had sinkers pop then? I would really love it if this thing germinated.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I'd say the same as midge, I've had a few seeds sink straight away and all popped, I've had a few floaters not pop too. What strain you running? Good luck bud :yep:

• Like 3

Last few times iv soaked seeds most float but odd few sink over first few hours of being introduced to the water . They’ve all germinated sink or swim.

• Like 1

Nope,does not mean that it won't Crack.

E2a just read it right,that's even a bigger stretch lol

Edited by Herbal Kint

Haha just checked and the bloody things floating now lol. Fingers crossed she pops.

• Like 3

My last grow I had one that sank soon as I put it into he water and it still popped after I put it into kitchen roll.

Normally they float so I was very surprised when I dropped it in and it fell like a stone lol

• Like 2

Yeah normally they'll float for a few hours and then eventually sink with a bit of encouragement, but this time it's the other way round :headpain:.

• Like 1