Pots?

Chal

Got my 2'x2' tent here. I've already seen @Military Grade advising someone else that two plants are plenty, for that size. (Guy had put four in and needed a machete!)

I'm going with Northern Lights. Praying I can get two of those in there. Question is; The pots?

This is a Spider Farmer 'kit'. It came with four ' 10" ', fabric bag / pots. I'll be using coco. Because that's, again, what I have to hand. And, because an article I'm working from suggests it. I'll plant the sprouted seeds straight ~ because that always worked for me, back in the window sill days.

10" pots were always industry standard, again, back in the day too. But, so was phoning a building to ask if the person we wanted was in it!

Is it safe ....?

• Like 1

I believe bigger the pot the better for Autos but i'm terrible at growing them so i could be way off lol

In soil I have flowered photoperiod plants in 5-7.5L pots just fine, But you can go as big as you want but i try to go with sizes that lets the pots and plant's main stems be space equally from each other and the side of the tent. If that makes sence :yep:

I have no personal experience with coco, I thought fabric pots wasn't ideal for coco because they dry out qiucker, i might be remembering wrong it was a long time ago i believe i read it somewhere on here.

Sorry i have no idea what sizes my pots are in inches, Are yours 10in wide and 10in tall? if so they should be fine :yep:

• Like 2
Just now, Military Grade said:

I believe bigger the pot the better for Autos but i'm terrible at growing them so i could be way off lol

In soil I have flowered photoperiod plants in 5-7.5L pots just fine, But you can go as big as you want but i try to go with sizes that lets the pots and plant's main stems be space equally from each other and the side of the tent. If that makes sence :yep:

I have no personal experience with coco, I thought fabric pots wasn't ideal for coco because they dry out qiucker, i might be remembering wrong it was a long time ago i believe i read it somewhere on here.

Sorry i have no idea what sizes my pots are in inches, Are yours 10in wide and 10in tall? if so they should be fine :yep:

I’ve been gifted F1 automatics nice gesture but I don’t grow them so a Goohfy friend who I can tell doesn’t really want to run them but apparently there the way forward for automatic and it keeps my man happy over on another site thanks again.ha ha sorry they might be bangers ha ha.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

Are yours 10in wide and 10in tall?

As far as I can make out. Or could, when I was racing around like a headless chicken, earlier :rolleyes: Calmed the fuck down, now. Just had some scary things to sort out.

Yeah. Not sure now :unsure: See; I'll be in the shop, tomorrow. I'm already thinking I'll need some sort of Drip Tray(s) And, these 'pots' ~ Bags, I'd call them! ~ are more square. I'm wrestling with the idea of grabbing two, 10", plastic pots and their circular trays? (If the fucking place has them! It's not a gardening shop and they tend to swing by the seasonal sellers)

Your mention of coco drying out has back footed me. Must go back to the piece I'm working from. Dunno what He's talking about. Don't remember. This is all the basis for my train wreck thread, about Damascus! (And that fucking Amphetihash!)

In a nutshell? I've spent over a year, and disgusting amounts of money, gearing up to Bubbleponics. Then, quite by chance, saw the same guy going on about doing it (Growing) on the fast and furious, using light bulbs and coco.

Never mind the light bulbs. It's just I actually have these four bricks of coco, sitting out there, taking up room on my shelf. And, of course, I have all the bottles of nutrients and so forth. So, even though my coco is made for reptiles, and it probably 'rubbish'? I can do as he says and add liquid nutes.

I'd Love to sit here and chat about it all. Especially now I'm happy and calm again! :D Only, I'm thinking of saving it all for my book ~ a 'Grow Diary' without pictures. That, and I've got to fuck off and feed the hoards, right now!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

I've found 10 inch pots (9 litres) to be perfect for auto's

That's the shit I like to hear! :thumsup:

Must admit; I sort of fancy these weird bags ~ well, because they're weird bags! Bit of a novelty. Only, right now, I'm going through a drought the likes of which we haven't seen since the Bowie film!

Ten inch, plastic pots worked fine, a life time ago. Thinking about it? They'll be the only one, solitary part of all this I'll be familiar with! My previous experience amounts to plastic pots on a south facing window sill! All this lights and tents malarkey is virgin ground, to me.

The less chance of me fucking up, because of new things, and getting some 'smoke' available the quickest? That's what I'm up for! :D

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I try to go with sizes that lets the pots and plant's main stems be space equally from each other and the side of the tent. If that makes sence :yep:

:unsure: Okayyy ..... I sort of glossed over that bit, figuring I'd make better sense of it, once I was less distracted.

I'm completely chilled now. And I'm still struggling, a little bit. (Don't worry. It's probably most to do with the simple fact that Anything, remotely to do with 'figures' recks my head, before I even get started! :blushing:)

Ooh! While we're about it; I'm wondering if going for 'Square' pots might bring anything to the table? I'm toying around the notions of possibly (?) making fractionally better use of the extremely limited ground space, in there.

Also, it could, perhaps, help me get my head round what ye trying to convey?

And, yes; My " 10" " would be " 25.5cm ", to you then. All 'Give or take', of course. I haven't found and bought the buggers yet. May yet end up having to take what ever I can get.

• Like 1

yeah qquare pots are helpful when stacking loads in to one space other than that it don't matter.

I'm currently use a square one for the first time, i have noticed places to train and clamp is less variable than round pots but still manageable.

• Like 1

i have noticed places to train and clamp is less variable than round pots ...

Mmm. :g:Valid point. Well played, sir!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Chal said:

As far as I can make out. Or could, when I was racing around like a headless chicken, earlier :rolleyes: Calmed the fuck down, now. Just had some scary things to sort out.

Yeah. Not sure now :unsure: See; I'll be in the shop, tomorrow. I'm already thinking I'll need some sort of Drip Tray(s) And, these 'pots' ~ Bags, I'd call them! ~ are more square. I'm wrestling with the idea of grabbing two, 10", plastic pots and their circular trays? (If the fucking place has them! It's not a gardening shop and they tend to swing by the seasonal sellers)

Your mention of coco drying out has back footed me. Must go back to the piece I'm working from. Dunno what He's talking about. Don't remember. This is all the basis for my train wreck thread, about Damascus! (And that fucking Amphetihash!)

In a nutshell? I've spent over a year, and disgusting amounts of money, gearing up to Bubbleponics. Then, quite by chance, saw the same guy going on about doing it (Growing) on the fast and furious, using light bulbs and coco.

Never mind the light bulbs. It's just I actually have these four bricks of coco, sitting out there, taking up room on my shelf. And, of course, I have all the bottles of nutrients and so forth. So, even though my coco is made for reptiles, and it probably 'rubbish'? I can do as he says and add liquid nutes.

I'd Love to sit here and chat about it all. Especially now I'm happy and calm again! :D Only, I'm thinking of saving it all for my book ~ a 'Grow Diary' without pictures. That, and I've got to fuck off and feed the hoards, right now!

It seems like you've been very busy but now in a more relaxed state. The idea of using drip trays and square pots for your garden project seems cool. I hope one can still find them at the store. The switch to coco for your Bubbleponics setup, despite the initial confusion, could be a promising experiment, and it's great to hear you're considering documenting it for your book.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Find a square pot that fills the whole 2x2 space and plant them both in it, bigger pots take longer to dry out so act as a buffer for the plants, also chuck in some worms and let millions of years of nature do the hard work 

good luck 

Monkey

• Like 1

I’m sure I read on here somewhere that 10-11l pots were optimal for autos, I’ve grown them indoors and outdoors in 16l, 11l and 3.5l pots. Ime the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant, they might take a bit longer in a bigger pot. Ruderalis means rubble in botanical Latin, some say they flower when their roots hit harder ground, like filling out a pot? I’ve got some autos for the garden this year, if my nutty Labrador doesn’t eat them, he’s a little fucker for the weed, my last one outside looked like a standard rose lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wooden Monkey said:

Find a square pot that fills the whole 2x2 space and plant them both in it

Yea, thing is, Sid: That sort of diametrically opposes my notion about two pots spreading the load, where risk's concerned.

Now, I admit; Thinking about that for a calm second makes me wonder what I could manage to do, with two pots in one tiny tent ~ which would wreck one plant  while, rather miraculously, thinking about it! Allowing the other to escape, scot free.

But, that said? It's all a bit moot, now. As I'm balls deep in bought and paid for pots, trays, tube heaters and Two heat mats. Due Monday :D

That aside though? @Military Grade said how a plant should have a decent space between its main stem, the rim of its pot, and the tent. Not sure where I'd put two plants then, in a two foot pot.

As an aside? I was just standing there, in the hay shed, today. (Bad of me. Should've been stuffing a sack with hay for the hungry horses waiting outside!) Thinking about March will yet be hell. April? Well ..... 

But, yeah; By the time I ~ hopefully! ~ pull these first two out of the tent? Be slamming another pair in, with an eye to putting more OutsideIn pots too. The ground, right here, is Vile!

Guessing they'd best be pots too? Not that I have a stock pile of bags. Just ..... Dunno.

• Like 1