Plant Magic Coco HW

AJA

I only found one thread on PM hard water coco A+B ,  but its 10 years old and not in the Auto forum

Does anyone use PM A+B in coco for hard water ?   My tap rubbish comes out at EC 0.6  and pH 8.59.  Horrendous stuff.

Can PM coco HW  correct this , or is this beyond even PM's abilities ?  Would i still need Cal Mag, /  pH down fluid ? And other added stuff ?

Its not happened yet, as it's for my next grow late Jan.  I've been using butt collected rain water, and it's a pain in the butt  ( soz ) to collect and haul up the 2nd floor.

Aslo, as far as i know,  most nute companies bottle instructions seem to be aimed at Photos, and Autos dont require the same strength as Photos.

And another thing. It seems to be common practice to state high feed strength on bottles, as obviously they wanna sell my more nutes, so is anyone in my position, and if so, what is your nute feed recommendations.

Thanks farmers !

Just now, AJA said:

Does anyone use PM A+B in coco for hard water ? 

It doesn't exsist anymore.

Just now, AJA said:

Would i still need Cal Mag, /  pH down fluid ? And other added stuff ?

good quality hard water nutrients compensate for whats in your water - you wont need to use cal mag, and typically less pH down than you would using something that isn't hard water specific.

Just now, AJA said:

what is your nute feed recommendations.

There are loads, Vitalink, Dutch Pro, Hydrotops and Terra Aquatica off the top of my head, one of them atleast is available at every grow shop. You wont go far wrong with any of them.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Thanks G

I bought PM's Coco HW A+B  Grow and A+B bloom  3 weeks ago in readiness.

What i meant by nute feed recommendations was for the above PM nutes. Whether they over-do the amounts on the bottle or not ?

Edited by AJA

If you get an ec meter you will be able to use the same numbers on the meter for all feeds as a starting point. You also have a reliable reference for your chosen values. You can then safely ignore the advice on the packs, which, mostly, are telling you to use more than you need.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, AJA said:

3 weeks ago

Dod you get it properly cheap? Goven it must have been sat around for a while

:yinyang:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

If you get an ec meter you will be able to use the same numbers on the meter for all feeds as a starting point. You also have a reliable reference for your chosen values. You can then safely ignore the advice on the packs, which, mostly, are telling you to use more than you need.

I have the COM-80 EC meter and thanks, yes as i thought, the bottle instructions are to be taken with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1
Just now, BilgePump said:

Dod you get it properly cheap? Goven it must have been sat around for a while

:yinyang:

No, i wouldn't say it was cheap.  I think it was total ( with postage ) about £33 for  4 bottles