elixer coco coir

bigchrisuk

hi there peeps id like to ask if anyone has tried the elixir coco coir bricks and also know whether it is washed in fresh water or salt water.? im new to coco and im interested in investing in the advanced nutrients ph perfect range..

Go for Jiffy7 coco. Just buy the PH Perfect A and B... the rest is bllx.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Go for Jiffy7 coco. Just buy the PH Perfect A and B... the rest is bllx.

You just reminded me to go pick some up but the weather is so shit I don't want to drive even. 

Can you tell a little more about this? I'll be using jiffy for the first time. Already got ph perfect. 

• Like 1

I’ve not tried it but got an email from a growshop I use for ‘substra’ coco. Says on the bag it’s washed n buffered. 50L for £7.95. I’d just bought a bag of canna otherwise I’d have given it a shot. Just throwing it out there for folk on a budget 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Axiom said:

You just reminded me to go pick some up but the weather is so shit I don't want to drive even. 

Can you tell a little more about this? I'll be using jiffy for the first time. Already got ph perfect. 

The stuff I've had is very homogenous and fluffy.

• Like 1

Gotta second the Jiffy Pro coco,

they do bags and blocks :yep:

Nice big fibres :thumsup:

I’ve used several bags and have some bricks of it in the cupboard too :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

doing my first coco run in jiffy7 coco brick - looks kovely stuff when hydrated, as @Shumroom says nice big fibres not full of coco dust :yep:

5kg brick = 70L when wetted

• Like 1

seems good to me but I have no experience of others - the only thing I can compare it to is clover peat compost and its way lighter and fluffier than that.

I off up now , I'll take a pic as its been maturing the last week and need to turn it anyway.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

I use Intense Nutrients Coco a + b @Axiom,

occasionally I’ll go as far as EC 1.8,

but usually just run at 1.6 if I’m doing multi strains :) 

I haven’t been trying to push things too far,

as most of my grows since I started using coco have been multi strain grows and there’s usually some plants that are a bit more sensitive than the others lol

That’s just been hand watering though,

i reckon you can push the inputs a bit more if you’ve got a watering setup sorted,

that way you can easily add extra irrigations as necessary.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1