12-1 lighting cycle Veg + 11/13 Bloom

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

Has anyone over here tried this light schedule?

You can find in internet very easily the explanation ( not sure if I can post the link here) and some grower report interesting results.

Any comment very much appreciated

Thanks

A

Just now, Slippy One said:

You ask a question, then spam the forum with the answer. What's the deal?

Why spam? I am quoting the source, is not permitted?

I thought is better to reference it, but I assume moderators can remove if this is against the community rules ( and my apologies to post it).

Removed from the thread.

Edited by Amnesialocal

4 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Gas lantern schedule was developed many decades ago iirc

Atb

:yinyang:

Yes you are correct Shumroom.

I didn't know was called also GLR.

The discussions are always focused on vegetative and flowering stages, but I can't find any reference to autoflowers ( assuming 20/4 for example).

I was thinking if some modification to the 12-1 could be considere for auto.

If the normal system save 5 hours for vegetative maybe a cycle of 15 hours could replace the 20/4 as following:

12-1 schedule alternative for autoflower 15h/day instead of 20/4
13 on
4.5 off
2 on
4.5 off

Sound so crazy?

Considering I see little no people following it maybe is just sci-fi.

Thanks

A

32 minutes ago, Banarchylamp said:

Could have sworn there was a similar thread by yourself a few days ago and it was mentioned then

My username is a condition unfortunately.

Could happen for sure involuntary I post twice things not remembering I did. Unfortunately I can't recall a similar thread.

Really sorry about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

13 on
4.5 off
2 on
4.5 off

Sounds like a lot of faf tbh. I've never tried 15hour days but I'm sure it'd work, however I dont see the benefit to all the on and off malarkey?

In a tent you're essentially trying to replicate the ideal natural environment.. And in the last 40 years I dont remenber ever seeing the sun go up and down twice in a day.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, latitude54 said:

And in the last 40 years I dont remenber ever seeing the sun go up and down twice in a day.  

Never done a big concrete pour then …

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, latitude54 said:

Sounds like a lot of faf tbh. I've never tried 15hour days but I'm sure it'd work, however I dont see the benefit to all the on and off malarkey?

In a tent you're essentially trying to replicate the ideal natural environment.. And in the last 40 years I dont remenber ever seeing the sun go up and down twice in a day.  

same here, seems like aggro for no extra gain. Maybe if it was an experiment side by side with conventional methods but apart from some interesting results the end result would still be the same i.e a harvest. 

• Like 1