Electric Security

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

I was reading about electrics and security, but I coundn't find a complete list of things to be careful with.

Lot of comments state to contact a professional electrician for any wiring. For electric panels, brakes,etc I agree ( also because I don't have any clue), but I have two main question:

- Where do you find a qualifies electrician that can help you assuming you can't contact one randomly?

- How many plugs do you have in your room? I don't have enough to connect everything and I need extension plugs, a couple of plugs converter ( which are always not recommended)...but still notnsure what is dangerous and what is not.

Any help on this topic?

Thanks

A

Try submerging your electrics in a bucket of water. That should answer your question. Failing that, a shady man down a dark ally should sort you out:yep:

2 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Hi all,

I was reading about electrics and security, but I coundn't find a complete list of things to be careful with.

Lot of comments state to contact a professional electrician for any wiring. For electric panels, brakes,etc I agree ( also because I don't have any clue), but I have two main question:

- Where do you find a qualifies electrician that can help you assuming you can't contact one randomly?

- How many plugs do you have in your room? I don't have enough to connect everything and I need extension plugs, a couple of plugs converter ( which are always not recommended)...but still notnsure what is dangerous and what is not.

Any help on this topic?

Thanks

A

how old are the electrics in your house?

Turn off power to sockets using breaker box. 

open the back of your normal socket on the wall. 

Connect your twin and earth to the N L E and feed it near to where you want the new socket. 

connect twin and earth from existing socket into a 13 amp switch fused spur. 

then from the switch fused spur add more twin and earth to where you need it to be and attach your new socket. 

add more twin and earth to the new socket and feed to another new socket,  if you want add an additional double socket no extra switch fused spur required. 

this is what I have done in my own home to create additional fused sockets for my area. 

Been working this way since 2012. 

Disclaimer - I am not a qualified electrician so make sure you perform due diligence and research based on your own building regulations etc. 

• Like 1

To be fair, he's doing a ton of research.

I'm in 3 minds: 1. Fuzz. 2. Commercial wannabe. 3. Bait. 

None of which I would rise to. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

was reading about electrics and security, but I coundn't find a complete list of things to be careful with

When it come to electrics, if you find yourself doing this....

dcf269699ec57d0b315229ebdb2c9713.jpg

Whatever the reason, its time to just call it a day.

And the standard for any room in most building in the UK is 2 sockets, more than enough for a personal grower. So I have to ask, are you tring to set up a grow that is well beyond a personal smokers grow or are you unaware of the exsistance of extension leads and 4 way's?

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

When it come to electrics, if you find yourself doing this....

dcf269699ec57d0b315229ebdb2c9713.jpg

Whatever the reason, its time to just call it a day.

And the standard for any room in most building in the UK is 2 sockets, more than enough for a personal grower. So I have to ask, are you tring to set up a grow that is well beyond a personal smokers grow or are you unaware of the exsistance of extension leads and 4 way's?

The light is a socket with timer.

The fan is a socket

The 2 fan connected together with a multi socket (32W) I will put an extension 2 gangs

Heat mat with Inkbird one socket

X2 Tube heater connected together with a multi socket (180W) other extension lead.

7 sockets in total. With two main plug one for the light and 5 in extension socket ( what I am doing now).

Is this ok for a personal grower?

4 hours ago, JonDaMon said:

how old are the electrics in your house?

Turn off power to sockets using breaker box. 

open the back of your normal socket on the wall. 

Connect your twin and earth to the N L E and feed it near to where you want the new socket. 

connect twin and earth from existing socket into a 13 amp switch fused spur. 

then from the switch fused spur add more twin and earth to where you need it to be and attach your new socket. 

add more twin and earth to the new socket and feed to another new socket,  if you want add an additional double socket no extra switch fused spur required. 

this is what I have done in my own home to create additional fused sockets for my area. 

Been working this way since 2012. 

Disclaimer - I am not a qualified electrician so make sure you perform due diligence and research based on your own building regulations etc. 

Many thanks Jon...

The electrics are quite new ( maybe 4-5 years)

I did this: ( hopefully not to crazy)

From the electric panel (on the extension where I have the tent and this is not the main electric panel) I have two breakers ( one for socket and one for lights). This was done by pro electrician.

Now the breaker for the light is connected to a 10w main light and to an outdoor 10w led light.

The breaker for the plug is connected to 3 plugs outdoor and 2 indoor.

I disconnected the cable ( grey 1.5cm electric cable 3 core + earth) feeding the LED outdoor, I added a junction box and deviate the main cable close to the grow tent.

I bought a 4 gang wall multi socket designed to replace the typical 2 sockets and I connected to the breaker lights line.

I will replace the other 2 gang socket with this 4 model.

I will have 8 plugs in total of which 4 I would like to use for the tent and other 4 for the workshop itself.

On the 4 sockets I was thinking:

1 socket with timer for the light

1 socket connected to 3 gang  extension UK to US socket. I will connect UIS AC Infinity device control for dehumifier and/or heating tube

1 socket connected to 3 gang extension for the 2 fans + extractor fan

1 socket for Inkbird to control the heat mat

Does this sound acceptable?

Many thanks again for any help.

Amne

Edited by Amnesialocal

Allegedly jump leads on to the bars to a distro board. I hear it also works with substations lol obv illegal raves roll differently and stand in a puddle and preferably in the dark using a clipper lighter for light. lol  (joking or am I ) 

• Like 2

Just now, Amnesialocal said:

Many thanks Jon...

The electrics are quite new ( maybe 4-5 years)

I did this: ( hopefully not to crazy)

From the electric panel (on the extension where I have the tent and this is not the main electric panel) I have two breakers ( one for socket and one for lights). This was done by pro electrician.

Now the breaker for the light is connected to a 10w main light and to an outdoor 10w led light.

The breaker for the plug is connected to 3 plugs outdoor and 2 indoor.

I disconnected the cable ( grey 1.5cm electric cable 3 core + earth) feeding the LED outdoor, I added a junction box and deviate the main cable close to the grow tent.

I bought a 4 gang wall multi socket designed to replace the typical 2 sockets and I connected to the breaker lights line.

I will replace the other 2 gang socket with this 4 model.

I will have 8 plugs in total of which 4 I would like to use for the tent and other 4 for the workshop itself.

On the 4 sockets I was thinking:

1 socket with timer for the light

1 socket connected to 3 gang  extension UK to US socket. I will connect UIS AC Infinity device control for dehumifier and/or heating tube

1 socket connected to 3 gang extension for the 2 fans + extractor fan

1 socket for Inkbird to control the heat mat

Does this sound acceptable?

Many thanks again for any help.

Amne

here’s what I use. 

I have 1 double socket outside my room and 1 double socket inside the room. 

ecotechnics 2kw contactor - this uses 2 sockets outside of the room and I fed the cable with 2 gang on into the room To power my single 300w LED panel. This has a timer and socket plug to go into my main house socket with a timer in one and the main plug in the other. 
http://www.ecotechnics.co.uk/contactors_range.htm

these are utilised to reduce draw on the timer when powering your lights. 

then internally I have 2x 4way extension to power my lower wattage equipment with 1 plugged into another. 

I utilise 1 to 3 way power adaptor straight into one of the mains sockets to power my 2x80w tube heaters on a thermostat. 

my fan is connected to an SMS fan controller 

I utilise in my room 

1x300w light

2x tube heaters 

2x oscillating fans 

2x water pumps for feeding/circulating 

1x extraction fan with controller 

I manage all this from 2x double gang sockets, 2x extension leads and a lighting contactor. 

• Like 1