Dry Sift Equipment

Pepe Ramon

I'm thinking of doing some dry sifting but I've never done it before so I'm just wondering if these would be ok to use? They are stainless steel and 20cm in diameter, although they are available in 30cm as well. They are £18 each on the Bay. 

What size mesh should I get? I just want to make some basic hash nothing too fancy so I was hoping to use 2 different sizes maybe 3 at a push. Any advice gratefully received.

Extractor de polen a base de hierbas de acero inoxidable tamizador apilable #120 #160 #220 pantalla - Imagen 1 de 6

A set of cheap 20 quid bubble bags and a brew bin to shake it in would be my suggestion. you'll end up with plant material everywhere with those metal riddles.

• Like 1

Look at a company called skunk sifters they do sets in various sizes to suit your needs.

There all handmade in hardwood and are about as good as they get, really well made.

Not cheap mate I payed £180 for a small 4 screen set but if looked after they will last for years and years.

Sometimes it pays to have the right tools for the job in order to get the best outcome :yep:

large.20231225_103810_cmd5kdCC8p.jpeg

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

Cheers dudes, the reason I looked at them was the price, I have looked at wooden framed screens and they are simply way to expensive for what they actually are.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2023 at 7:57 AM, Arbre Medicinal said:

I'm thinking of doing some dry sifting but I've never done it before so I'm just wondering if these would be ok to use? They are stainless steel and 20cm in diameter, although they are available in 30cm as well. They are £18 each on the Bay. 

What size mesh should I get? I just want to make some basic hash nothing too fancy so I was hoping to use 2 different sizes maybe 3 at a push. Any advice gratefully received.

Extractor de polen a base de hierbas de acero inoxidable tamizador apilable #120 #160 #220 pantalla - Imagen 1 de 6

120 mesh = 125u

160 mesh = 90u

220 mesh = 70u

If those sizes are mesh sizes these will do you alright :yep:

Edited by Flamedodger
Detail
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

120 mesh = 125u

160 mesh = 90u

220 mesh = 70u

If those sizes are mesh sizes these will do you alright :yep:

Epic, thanks dude.

That’s what I use stainless steel ones. I use two screens and a receiver. I also have the lid to go on top which is handy if you want to strap it to something that vibrates. Just perfect hand size size for shaking/rocking back and forth to agitate there’s a hand sieving motion with them

then you tap on worktop to clear the screens. I also have a small stainless paddle. I have a 220 micron work screen then a 125micron screen which catches all the pistils then the receiver collects the trichomes below 125 micron.

large.IMG_1863.jpeglarge.IMG_1865.jpeglarge.IMG_1867.jpeglarge.IMG_1868.jpeg

large.IMG_1947.jpeglarge.IMG_1993.jpeglarge.IMG_1948.jpeglarge.IMG_2109.jpeg

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 4