Nanners every damn time...

Axiom

It's really putting me off growing now... but at the same time I'm starting to be able to live with it, because my previous buds turned out excellent (to my standards)

So I have a perpetual grow going on.. It's a way to keep the heat costs down in the winter and then in the summer I only run one light. 

Right now though, I'm concerned because I found a yellow flag. Upon further inspection I noticed that it's not the kind which bursts into pollen powder. I tried not to worry about it too much but a different plant different strain same stage showed signs of making seeds. I think I'm going to chop instead of waiting another few days.

It it it safe to say that the plants at week 5 are gonners? :(

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Could be an environmental issue that you could tweak . Light leaks , cold roots , too high nutrition. Tick them off the box and see what you are doing wrong .

Edited by Danny killerZ
  • Like 3

Yeah if it's happening all the time I'd say @Danny killerZ is right and to have a look at your environment.

It would help if you had a clone you knew didn't throw banana's to run in your set up and if it did then you know for sure it's something with the environment.

You said your growing perpetually, is it clones of the last plant that put out bananas that you grew this time? If it is then it will always happen and you'll need to have a look for a different mother.

Edited by Hazeytones
  • Like 1

@Hazeytones Yeah same strains now that you mentioned it! Both from clones on the previous run which harmed too.. I guess I'm scrapping them both to be safe.

Plenty of beans for the 2 strains in reserves anyway! On to the Blue Dream then!

• Like 2

Is that what I think it Is?

large.IMG_4652.jpg

I'm really stuck on this... I still have a lot, if not most trichomes running clear and the hairs have not fully curled on the buds yet.

I've been using boosters and there was some new growth with pistils but some of it looks weird like in the pic above. 

Definately spotted a nanner on one of the plants but couldn't find any others on the main canopy anyway.

Deciding what to do overnight I guess. Not sure if I should chop or leave them another week.

The pineapple at week 5 on the other side are already showing brown hairs which makes me wonder if they have been pollinated already. 
In that case it might be worth going the extra week on these if those are already fucked? Tough one..  for me anyway.. 

Does the room need to be cleaned every inch after something like this happens? 

Edited by Axiom
  • Like 2

Pollen only stays viable for a short amount of time under grow lights. Tho i always do a full clean after each grow just to be on the safe side to cover from things like powdery mildew.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

@Shumroom I think I overfed them massively this time... Runoff EC was super high. I also defoliated little by little even after week 6 (which I hear stresses plants out) .. 

It's crazy what you can get away with using sensi bloom though. 
If cloudy trichomes are 50/50 clear I'm sure it will still be worthwhile with how resinous they are. 

I'm more concerned about the plants half way through flowering on the other side of the tent.

:unsure:

• Like 1