Pot configuration

Amnesialocal

Hello environmental gardeners,

I am aware it has been discussed hundred of time....and apologies for those who are sick of these questions. Please ignore this thread.

I am very open for criticism on this configuration.

6 X 11l

1 X 20l 

I will cook some mephisto peas ( mainly hybrids_ Samsquanch OG, Girls Scout Monkey, livers Bx, and some funny untested F1 and 1 freebie) and I am starving for trying.

My ideal scenario would be 3 X 20l, but for this first environmental experiment I was actually dreaming about  8x11l.

But I see the space ...and ...I am not experimenting with bonsai !!!...could flower 7 plants in here? There is no space...( How Wilma 8 works?).

I am concern to be in flowering stage ( I can defoliate, trim if required) and the plants not having space to grow and ending up with my unsuccessful experiments ending ( again).large.IMG_20231221_205102.jpg

Many thanks all

A

Edited by Amnesialocal
spelling
  • Like 1

I have to be honest, with autos, it's going to be a nightmare in there. No point in having a 20L airpot squeezed into a corner. 8x 6L pots would be better to work with in there ime. I know it's fun and tempting to squeeze in as many as possible but you've got no real control of autos and how much they'll spread out and shoot up. I've had autos spaced poorly and one was completely overgrown by another. Why not try with some photoperiod seeds and give them a 3 week veg. That'll make them about as quick as autos and you'll probably end up with some tastier weed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clubs said:

I have to be honest, with autos, it's going to be a nightmare in there. No point in having a 20L airpot squeezed into a corner. 8x 6L pots would be better to work with in there ime. I know it's fun and tempting to squeeze in as many as possible but you've got no real control of autos and how much they'll spread out and shoot up. I've had autos spaced poorly and one was completely overgrown by another. Why not try with some photoperiod seeds and give them a 3 week veg. That'll make them about as quick as autos and you'll probably end up with some tastier weed.

Thanks.

interesting. 6l

regarding the genetics, theoretically, except the freebie (sativa,which maybe I will reconsider) all are hybrids mainly indica. They should be 60-80cm…which is also a lot.

I could do 6x11l…or 5x11l or

4x11l + 2x7l

what do you think?

thanks

A

• Like 1

This is just me and how I do it but: (and presuming that's a 2x4 tent) if using 11L pots, I'd look to grow around 4 autos. However, 8 plants in 6 or 7L pots will possibly fill your space better. The smaller pots should keep plant size down a bit. Make sure to train them down  for a flat canopy nonetheless. 

Cramming in lots of big pots, unless using a kind of living soil approach, is just a waste of medium, seeds, nutrients and water. Plants in larger pots tend to branch out more so need a bit more space around them. Having all that space to root into but no room to grow must be terribly frustrating for them.

Do what makes you happy though, man. But the 20L airpot might be a bit much. 2 of those could fill the tent. If using airpots or fabrics, I'd look to doing 3x15l  or 4x11l. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Thanks, I will go for 8x7l!

Aye, that should give you a packed grow space. I see you've got some seeds already but going forward, if you're happy with this configuration, there are some really short autos that don't really branch out much. They're more about the main cola with a small assortment of short lateral branches. Red Dwarf grows like this, Starryder by DP is all about the central bud and I grew some Vision Seeds Super Skunk, 4 of which easily fitted in a 75x75 tent without any overlapping leaves.

I still think photos would be more suitable though. 

Edited by Clubs
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clubs said:

Aye, that should give you a packed grow space. I see you've got some seeds already but going forward, if you're happy with this configuration, there are some really short autos that don't really branch out much. They're more about the main cola with a small assortment of short lateral branches. Red Dwarf grows like this, Starryder by DP is all about the central bud and I grew some Vision Seeds Super Skunk, 4 of which easily fitted in a 75x75 tent without any overlapping leaves.

I still think photos would be more suitable though. 

Never  tried autos before and I thought ( probably wrongly) that in winter would have been better to keep warm temperature with the light on…but I am not sure about it now.

I want to try Mephisto and I will definitely go with photos next time (I am actually trying to germinate mimosa and cheese photos to play around in windowsill ) but I need to try strains.

Ideally 1 plant in 30l living soil Scrog. Or 3 plants (11-15-20 don’t know)

But happy to go for 6x7l also this first time.

I guess you don’t like easy2go…but I was thinking on it with the 8 or 6 x 6l configuration at least to connect when away for days.

thanks anyway for the advises.

A

Edited by Amnesialocal
  • Like 1