Old Skool Homegrown Fantasy Seeds - Mango strain

bobby2times

Hey,

Back in the day, early nighties, I had the pleasure of visiting and spent many happy days in Homegrown Fantasy coffee shop in Amsterdam.

Sadly missed and no longer in operation but they had amazing cheese and also a strain called Mango.

It wasn't the strongest weed but smelt of Mango in the bag, tasted amazing and all the flavours of Mango while being smoked and left a Mango after taste too.  An incredible smoke and still remember it 30 years later

Only other strain I have tried that did this was Peanut Butter Breath strain I smoked while in San Diago, California in 2019.

I am trying to source this strain. Its a KC33 and Afghani cross from Homegrown Fantaseeds.

Anyone remember this and anyone know where I can get any seeds of this Mango strain?

Thanks All

I remember Mango but it was the Kc Brains one, I didn't know the Homegrown Fantasy did seeds tbh. That's sad to hear the coffeeshop has closed down, I haven't been for years.

• Like 2

I’ve done some KC mango one other was similar to what I remembered years ago. I still have a load to grow out whenever I can grow again lol 

• Like 2

I know the bud. The old man was a grower in the 80's and 90's, first time I saw his grow it was Mango, White Widow and Misty in his NFT's.

Defo smoked a fair bit of Mango in its day, I was maybe 15-16 onwards but I remember it was defo called Mango. Cant comment on which breeder / genetics however but I dont think there was too many back in those days.

I get searching for that long lost smoke, but every time I do that I find it wasn't a long lost smoke, it's a long lost me.

Sure it could be found though if you really went for it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GSZZ said:

You can't have looked very hard, KC brains still sells Mango.

Yes he does indeed and it's good as well. 

My keeper stinks of skunky mangoes in veg. Gold coloured, dense, greasy buds covered in all that old school orange fuzz. Mouth watering smell and flavour and a high that's one of the best I've ever felt, not super strong, but a glorious elevation of the soul. She's not the easiest girl to keep happy, but she's worth the effort. 

They're crazy cheap as well, so if you have the space you could run a few packs to find the best one. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Misty

Now there's a strain I'd walk through fire to have back, Nirvana still do a "Misty Kush" but I've not bothered seeing what it's like. The outdoor Early Misty one year was one of the most satisfying wrap you up in a blanket kind of buzzes, tasted like coffee with a hint of chocolate. 

• Like 3

I grew Top 44 back early to mid 90s done in six weeks big sticky stinky buds packed a good punch to done the Misty outdoors around 2005 for a couple years September finish no mold had a unique smell and taste would love to grow either of them again if they were the same as they used to be 

• Like 6

I still run KC Brains Mango from time to time

I heard that Green Crack was also known as Mango, Mango Crack, Green Cush and Green Crush by a few growers before they started calling it Green Crack 

• Like 4

Both of those cultivars are done by Kc Brians .

I have grown both Mango and KC33 and KC44 .

Outdoors before back in the days .

Their mango has aloways been one of my fav.Just for how easy  tis too grow.

Plue the smell and taste mmmm.

Also done Top 44 back in the days that was indoor though.

It could be taken down spot on 44 days nice fruity taste too it.

Top 44 is a old postronics cultivar of Viking cross with skunk number one.

Tis a  nice toke.As said up top Black Domina that gave many of my breadbins chalky whites.

Proper white death, that was another one like C99 that could be taken down bang on 50 days rock solid stnking hashy affy tasting buds .

It was a lovely toke.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 7

Top 44 was good on the old 8x4 nft trays back when plant numbers didn’t concern as much lol I’d love to have the old original misty or domina again. Doubtful tbh 

• Like 1

@Arthur Mix You have any more details on the top 44 ? I have access to loads of packs of them from the 90s, probably viable too. GOT 6/15 Germrates from a late 90s pack of dominas from the same fridge recently. And 1/10 germ rates from a load of original flos from the 90s.

Never know if things go well a repro of the original 90s black domina could be happening, well it will be happening just might be some years from now.

Apparently the top 44 was all the rave with the viets in the late 90s early 00s

Here's a pic of one of the dominas outdoors in spain this season just gone 2023 from cellophane sensi packs.

large.6FA13F7D-7559-4CAE-8E0D-4176F5C21F71.jpeg

All the males and females are backed up in clones ready for selection, judging & progeny testing. We still have another pack to germinate which could also yield another 6 live specimen but the second pack didn't get caught in transit in the post for a good 6 weeks where as the other pack wasn't straight from fridge so hopefully the 6 weeks in transit hasn't damaged the germ rates much or at all

Here's a couple pics of some of the seeds been going threw, loads more not pictured.

large.92706DEC-CA14-4238-A4A7-AD3516DCBC11.jpeglarge.AE1A2161-F836-44F6-BDED-256BB9858A70.jpeglarge.FC0C57C8-9CDB-4DDD-A5F3-CF98C0090E7B.jpeg

The skunk kush we also got a massive amount to germinate in the 50% range, but others we had less luck. Marleys collie for example, we germinated 3 full packs about 45 seeds worth and techincally got 0/45 but after 2 long months of embryo culture we had manage to root 3 embryos that was alive but rootless from the seeds. Didn't think such a feat was possible but nature and science suprises you sometimes.

Here's a pic of one of the 3 marley's collies after a 2 month culture finally planted in soil

large.814CD318-3BA2-4A92-842B-21668BAC9B53.jpeg

Luckerly we got 2 females and 1 male so marleys is also due a repro. I do have flowering pics of marley's somewhere too along with nevilles haze and some other seeds saved from 90s stock including old loads of old rks, headbands, kosher kush etc

• Like 8