Decent hard water coco feed

mikeydoughnut

Ey up. Needed some extra traces but the store I use won’t offer delivery on the payment page. Went to order a few quids worth of stuff too. Their loss …

… Any recommendations on standard two part feeds. Nothing complicated like. I get number blind really easily …

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

Growers Ark do use a pretty obscure courier lol 

I only wanted the extra traces coz I’ve got 5L of bloom left. Fuck growers ark anyroad they’re out of order I’ll pour it down the shit pan and use someone else’s stuff.

@GSZZ do you know owt about ‘Magna matter’? 

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

I only wanted the extra traces coz I’ve got 5L of bloom left.

Just fuck the traces off for the rest of the cycle till the bloom is finished. I phased it out, so by the time I was nearly done I was just running A&B and none-GA additives, its all gone now anyway. another +1 for Terra Aquatica, I'm using their dual part and I like it, requires a bit of pHing in veg as all the pH buffering is in the bloom part but honestly its a bit of nowt.

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

@GSZZ do you know owt about ‘Magna matter’? 

Its a control LED brand, or sister brand if you like. The addiives do well in the shop. Dunno about the base nutrient - it doesn't have a guaranteed analysis on the bottles so I dunno how its gonna work in different water types. Its made by the fella who used to help make Vitalink and Shogun before he started doing his own thing - he's a good fella.

• Like 3

Just now, GSZZ said:

Just fuck the traces off for the rest of the cycle till the bloom is finished.

I’ll give that a go next few days see how we fair. I’m at 4ml feed anyroad so not far off not needing traces anyway. 

I got a small Magna Roots freebie with my last order from a South Yorkshire hydro shop. I was gonna use it until I saw the NPK on the bottle. I’m not familiar with what goes into rooting get up but it seemed to contain a fair bit of N so I didn’t want to use it. I’ll email them if I can find an address and ask. I like using smaller businesses where I can. If their feed is idiot proof I’d give it a go ….

@mikeydoughnut I don’t find it weak tbh and mate switched from  growers ark years ago said he prefers  it. Also as Gszz says he’s switched to the two part I have used all the Mineral line from TA apart  from dual part coco I saw no need as used Novamax which was around before the coco version. 

• Like 2

Cheers @Arthur Mix and @highgrower. Are the feed charts quite accurate? I can’t ‘read’ plants. As the ratios change is it straightforward or does it take a bit of tweaking? Or am I over complicating it because there’s a 3rd bottle? 

I pretty much just followed the feed chart and had a good result - you can always back off a little bit if you see the tips burning but found it pretty forgiving stuff.

• Like 2

Put it this way I don’t go over ec 1.6 which equates to roughly two caps of novamax grow or bloom or one of each for transition. It’s quite simple I find . The tri parts pretty easy also if you keep the ratios on the bottles same again I top out at ec 1.6. Ph I keep at 6. 

• Like 4

It’s very concentrated and needs a very good shake before use. If you have weak wrists or arthritis you may struggle. I tend to shake for a minute minimum. 

• Like 2

Piggin hell. Like milkshake? lol One part. 20 quid. Concentrated down so you don’t need much. Plenty of pros and only one downside. If I do go for that one I’ll be sure to give it some. Cheers @Arthur Mix

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1