Heat Mat On The Wall?

MindSoup

@MindSoup Might be the way to go then bro was thinking you could maybe install it around the walls but low enough so none of the leaves can come into contact with it.

Something that isn't too wide but fairly long so it covers both sides and the back of the cab, just a thought mate could be covered to make it waterproof and even reflective possibly :yep: 

Sandwiched between that reflective foam that goes behind radiators and sealed around the edges with proper gaffer tape could work dude

Edited by Revive

Dude have u thought about one of them ceramic heaters for reptiles i remember looking at em light bulb screw fitting dont know how good they are though.

google-- snake ceramic heating pack everything u need in that and dont think they take up much room.

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 1

Yeah that's a shout mate, I've actually just spotted some electric dog blankets that would be just about the right size, if they're dog proof I'm sure they'll be fairly sturdy. 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Yeah that's a shout mate, I've actually just spotted some electric dog blankets that would be just about the right size, if they're dog proof I'm sure they'll be fairly sturdy. 

I just wonder if they will kick out enough heat to make a diff in the cab. 

I guess anything that goes on the floor or under the tray would be at risk if there's any leaks or spills.

I'm sure you will find a way to make something work for you brother.

Best of luck with it :yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, murphyblue said:

snake ceramic heating pack

Mate, that looks absolutely perfect, a little 50 watt one tucked up in a corner behind a fan would take up no space at all. 

• Like 1

Think the one i saw was 150W came with the holder heater pulse thermostat cage to go around the heater and a handy little digital thermometer 70 odd quid.

Internet reptile was the site looks pretty reasonable and plenty of stuff on there we can use for growing.

• Like 1

Another option if your prepared to give up a bit of height is to make a false floor in the cab and put the tube heater in there, couple of vents and your getting warm roots and warm air :yep:

I thought about the matt on the wall idea because my bed is close to the walls but decided against it incase the heat travelled up and toasted it, which happend when I put a tube heater vertically. I have a tube beside the bed on the floor only prob is if I set the temps too high it dries the bed on that side.

Edited by Hazeytones
  • Like 1

to combat low air temps i've been using a 300w ceramic element heater, first time i used just the element and added a pc fan, i then recently bought the fan/element in one. they are designed to be run for hundreds of hours in ducting and work well with a variac 5 step controller

i use them alongside heating mats

• Like 2

@Hazeytones, If it there was something a little bit short than a normal tube heater that would definitely be an option. I did find out thing but it was about 65 quid and I'm not really up3 for spending that much to heat 0.15m³ lol

@ratdog that sounds similar to these bulbs, they look like a realy good option. 

• Like 1