Hermie Seeds

Strawberry Fields

Hermie Seeds  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On my last crop one of my Mac and Crack threw out a couple of bananas on the lower branches. I ended up with 10 Mack and Crack x Mack and Crack and 6 Apollo Black Cherry x Mack and Crack fully formed seeds.

Im only doing  6 plants twice a year so my space is extremely limited, and i have enough seeds that i'll never get round to some of them, but im tempted to grow them out to see what they are like.

I was wondering what the consensus is on how many would grow them out and how many would bin them?

Edited by Strawberry Fields

Grew out my first bagseed last year. Absolute boofy shit. Put me off for good it has. Big monster drowned out all the other plants. 3oz of cardboard weed :thumbdown:

But listening to others this is how these legendary strains came to be …. I suppose you’ll never know unless you grow it out. 

• Like 2

i grew out 3 different strains bag seeds in my summer experiment grow, and none hermed, so i would do it again if the seed came from something banging.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strawberry Fields said:

i have enough seeds that i'll never get round to some of them

Why bother with the risk of these then?

The offspring might be incredible,

but they do come with a higher risk than conventionally bred seeds.

Will it affect your ability to keep the jars from running out if the worst was to happen?

Do you enjoy smoking seeded weed?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

I got a loada seed from my auto plot this season i am hopeing to chuck em out next year but nowhere near my 2 main plots just in case.

Don't think i would try em indoors though especially with limited space.

• Like 4

Cheers all. I had a feeling it would be mostly nay's.

I'm gonna stick them in the tub and maybe do one or two in a run in a couple of years out of curiosity.

• Like 2

I had a plant go Hermie after I fucked up my timer for lights, didn't click one of the teeth things down so in the middle of dark period light came on for 15 mins.

I have grown a seed out from that without issue. If it hermied without obvious reason than different story wouldn't waste the time. 

• Like 2