1st scrog - when to flip

Eldo

Hi uk420

As the title says really I'm currently doing my 1st scrog and unsure when I should flip. Still have some gaps will the stretch fill that if I flip now or should I leave it a bit?

TIA

large.IMG_20231212_122209_copy_1958x1644_copy_1566x1315.jpg

• Like 1

It's always a bit of a crapshoot whe your growing from seed, so best to err on the side of caution especially when you have a low ceiling like you and I, so I'd probably flip now TBF. They'll definitely have the screen filled by end of week 1 and then 2 more weeks to grow vertically, might even end up having to do a bit of supercropping. If these or any future plants are heavily Sativa leaning I'd advise flipping even earlier. 

I'd also hold off on trimming any lower growth until the end of week 2/start of week 3, anything taken off the bottom before or during stretch will encourage more vertical growth

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

Cheers mate will get them flipped later. Not expecting anything to stretchy probably the 2 cream caramels at the front be the biggest stretchers

• Like 1

Have you just bent the plants over and not topped the main stems? The bottom right one looks so.

Looking at them I would have Flipped already, using the stretch to fill out the canopy for the first 2 weeks by keep tucking the brances, you haven't left yourself much room to play with in a horizontal sense.

• Like 1

@Military Grade bit of both tbh mate bent over and then topped, wasn't the fastest in veg and was late replacements for some seeds I couldn't get to germinate. 

Top left is a lemon Thai I've run before top right is a lemon Thai from seed which will probably cause me headaches if stretches too much

Although headroom is tight picture makes it look worse than it is, still got about 30cm I could raise the light and last run had a couple of lemon drizzle without too much trouble.

Just set timer to 12/12 so fingers crossed

• Like 3

If you can, keep your temps below 26 and your lights off temp higher than lights on or failing that as stable as possible, that will go a long ways to controlling the stretch. You'll probably want to be careful with the light intensity at those temperatures as well keep an eye out for those early signs of light stress like leaf canoeing etc. 

• Like 3

@MindSoup How talls your tent mate? You reckon with multi topping, scrogging and negative dif we could pull off 100% sativa

Since you mentioned sativas I can't keep my eyes off world of seeds wild Thailand or aces golden tiger

• Like 1

If I was to grow a 100% Sativa I would Flip early and use the stretch to fill out the net sideways. Only 2-3 week veg in a 60x60x160.

I grew a 90% Sativa but was Mainlining without a net.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eldo said:

@MindSoup How talls your tent mate? You reckon with multi topping, scrogging and negative dif we could pull off 100% sativa

Since you mentioned sativas I can't keep my eyes off world of seeds wild Thailand or aces golden tiger

It's 120cm, but with the light on the ceiling I have something like 85cm from soil to diode. Yeah for sure, my Old man's Haze grows like a pure sativa. Just flip them really small or start them on 12/12. Root restriction also helps to keep sativas smaller. 

• Like 2