Distance

burninit

Hi all. 

Well I'm back at at after a few years away, 

I have never been or plan to be an expert in the field of growing just plodding along and doing my own thing. 

Now things have moved on quite a bit since the last time. 

So this time I gone for a 1.5 x 1.5 tent which is out in my shed as I now have a very curious 12 year old and I'm using a max bright 1000 pro led. 

Now outside temps have seriously affected the tent temps no matter how hard I tryed to regulate them and also water temps for watering obviously. 

I just had my first attempt in 11ltr fabric pots and although the seened to grow OK and flower well the buds although glistening like a Christmas tree have dryed so light and airy I feel like iv wasted my grow. 

I have a feeling that light distance was a contributing factor, and trying to find the correct distance on line is a mine field. 

Any help would be appreciated guys. 

Most issues I've seen with leds is either folks fry them due strong light in first few weeks of flower or it's to cold. I get a light meter and put fan above your light so it blows warm air down on your plants. If it's still to cold then add some tube heaters

Hard to say more without a diary,I suggest make one folks will correct your errors.

• Like 2

I rate the UNI-T UT383BT and PPFD Meter app to keep an eye on PPFD levels and light height etc during the different stages.

Heat is a factor with bud structure too, I've started to drop temps at the end as well as keep PPFD in the Goldilocks zone

• Like 1

Did you run the light at full power? I can't imagine it being too high in a shed, not for a 1000w of led anyway. Did the plants look healthy when they finished?

How many days flower did they go? 

W

hatsort of temps were you getting lights on and lights off? 

• Like 1

I replied to your other post 

I use the photone app on my andriod but others are available like ppfd meter and tent buddy to name a few.

I like the hold button function on photone app as its difficult to see the the readings due to reflection of the lights on screen using others but ppfd meter has a great function for making a ppfd map of light spread in your tent. 

obviously not as accurate as dedicated scientific light meter but good enough to give you an idea of light levels but youll be able to see how light height or how dimming light affects ppfd levels.

DLI is basically the  ppfd at a certain location, over the  period the light is on for say 18 hrs veg or 12 hours flower. 

cannabis can take high levels of ppfd compared with most other plants but without CO2 injection can only process 800 ppfd max , so little point in exceeding that amount.