Back again - environment, soil or other?

Eldo

Hi back again with a new grow new problem :wallbash:

Changed a lot this grow so hard to pinpoint what I've done. Before they were moved into flower drobe they stayed in my starter cab way too long and had little to no air exchange. Moved them to where they are now Sunday and would have hoped they would have picked up by now

Another thing I've changed and more leaning towards being the problem now is my soil Amendments. I'm using clover/Coco//worm humus + guanokalong complete organics.

I usually use this mix fine but due to a planned trip next year experimented with a lot more guanokalong than usual and pump plain water

Anyway long story made not so short I think soil is too strong

large.IMG_20231209_164317_copy_2250x1875.jpg

large.IMG_20231209_164325_copy_2400x3200.jpg

large.IMG_20231209_164332_copy_2400x3200.jpg

Temps between 22-27 humidity a bit low between 40-50

PPFD of 550 according to tent buddy but I've just reduced that and changed light cycle from 24 hour light to 18/6

Sorry for the long post but what you guys think?

• Like 1

22 is too cold. They don't actually need much air exchange at this stage so turn the extractor down and the temps will increase as well as the humidity.

If the temperature (and humidity) is high you can keep the light turned up but if they are low you need to reduce the light. Getting the light and environment in balance is the key.

• Like 1

@latigid aikon I'll be happy if that's the problem as I just had an inkbird controller delivered and about to pull the trigger on a heat mat so should have temps on point in the next few days

You think I can rule out soil being too hot?

Just now, Eldo said:

You think I can rule out soil being too hot?

If the temps are high and the light is bright then they need a lot of nutes but if the temps are low and the light is dimmed they need less. It's all about finding the balance.

So your soil might be too hot now but the same soil could be fine if the environment is improved.

They don't look overfed to me so see how they look after a few days at a decent temperature.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eldo said:

does 24 lights off 28 lights and on sound ok?

Yeah 28 is much more like it. I run mine at 29 on/26 off.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Eldo said:

PPFD of 550

@Eldo For me this is the main issue. If the soil was hot then the leaves would be dark green. Definitely a good shout bringing up the temp a bit but the main issue to my very amateur eyes is too much light. Been having the same issue recently myself. 

• Like 2

I agree with ned as well.

Reason being i been having the same problem and i know its not the temps as they not dropped below 24c.

But i have had the light on 24hr until yesterday when i added a timer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ned The Head said:

too much light.

Yes it's too much light for the environmental conditions.

You can fix this by turning down the light.

Or you can fix it by 'turning up' the environment.

Which do you think is optimal?

• Like 2

@Ned The Head I did read your thread mate...well the OP and last reply. Thought looked like the same problem but seen you suspected watering issues....will teach me to not read whole thread properly

Didn't check PPFD yesterday but will do shortly and get it to about 400

Come to think of it plants have a fair bit of both high and low stress training I wonder if has made them more susceptible to other stressors

• Like 1