50 north pro seeds essex gold

flowerpowerandwhat

anybody ran any seeds from 50north/pro seeds. got my eyes on Essex gold, citrus burst and the cherry cheese. any info would be appreciated 

cheers 

• Like 1

I grew Essex Gold and Citrus Burst this summer. I'm quite far north (lat 56) and it was a wet summer, so results may not be typical. Essex Gold finished exactly on the date advertised, but suffered from some rot. Citrus Burst finished a bit later, not so susceptible to rot, or maybe just got lucky. Haven't sampled either yet, but will do soon as they're pretty much cured.

I'd run them both again, they're very reasonably priced and the seller is good to deal with.

• Like 4

Just now, Crow River said:

I grew Essex Gold and Citrus Burst this summer. I'm quite far north (lat 56) and it was a wet summer, so results may not be typical. Essex Gold finished exactly on the date advertised, but suffered from some rot. Citrus Burst finished a bit later, not so susceptible to rot, or maybe just got lucky. Haven't sampled either yet, but will do soon as they're pretty much cured.

I'd run them both again, they're very reasonably priced and the seller is good to deal with.

cheers for the response mate

• Like 2

Im the Essex Gold fan boy

my fav !

Know that not all phenos of it are good with rot.. though some are very good with it..

i had a big Citrus burst plant last season with no resistance to rot. Moulded right out from early.. had some other phenos of it that faired better

never tried Cherry Cheese. Be interested how you get on  

• Like 5

I looked at some of there beans a while back..the psycho cherry cheese looks interesting for an early finisher as does there gorilla shit :yinyang:

• Like 5

sound for the replies ill probably take a bash at the Essex gold and cherry or psycho cherry cheese. anyone ever had any luck with digging up a plant taking it home and revegging? sounds like a ball ache if im being honest but I dont fancy taking cuts of every plant I plant out and keeping em over the summer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flowerpowerandwhat said:

sound for the replies ill probably take a bash at the Essex gold and cherry or psycho cherry cheese. anyone ever had any luck with digging up a plant taking it home and revegging? sounds like a ball ache if im being honest but I dont fancy taking cuts of every plant I plant out and keeping em over the summer

large.IMG_8593.jpeglarge.IMG_8592.jpeglarge.IMG_8591.jpeg

yes… but it did have quite a small root system i.e it was quite a small plant in general

This plant is now rather large and two weeks into flower and i have quite a few cuttings of it in veg that i’m doing more work with 

• Like 3

large.IMG_8408.jpeglarge.IMG_8410.jpeglarge.IMG_7913.jpeglarge.IMG_6871.jpeglarge.IMG_6870.jpeglarge.IMG_6869.jpeglarge.IMG_6868.jpeglarge.IMG_6867.jpeglarge.IMG_6866.jpeglarge.IMG_6864.jpeglarge.IMG_6863.jpeglarge.IMG_6862.jpeg
me babber

in fact i sent in fems of a cross i made with it into the free seeds/subbies section

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

nice mate will be a ball ache trying it when the time comes but if the plant warrants it definitely worth a bash. plants are looking decent, spent a fair whack on seeds on Black Friday but if they are still there when I eventually grab some subbies ill pick some up 

cheers