Any ideas..only on 1 of 7 plants

IrishBob97

1 out of my 7 plants is showing this on a good few leaves...it looks worse under the CMH than in real life but it stands out and as I'm in week 5 of flowering I don't want to mess it up as its got some of the best/biggest buds and looks like it will finish first

Under a 630w dual cmh

Using 60/40 tropicmix

3ml per litre intense organix bloom

0.3ml per litre of roots exellurator

And added the right mg of magnesium to correct my tap water

I've thought of most things but if it was environmental or nute issues surely all or most of the plants would be showing this too?

large.Compress_20231203_173424_4321.jpglarge.Compress_20231203_173424_4941.jpg

Thanks

Irishbob97

Just now, IrishBob97 said:

Using 60/40 tropicmix

3ml per litre intense organix bloom

surely all or most of the plants would be showing this too

It wont be long until they are - 60/40 is essentially hydro and organix bloom is meant to be used in soil. It probably doesn't have any calcium in it, either, relying on whats in your tap water/soil already - but seeing as you're using 60/40 theres nothing in it, as its inert.

You need some Coco or Hydro A&B.

• Like 2

Just now, GSZZ said:

It wont be long until they are - 60/40 is essentially hydro and organix bloom is meant to be used in soil. It probably doesn't have any calcium in it, either, relying on whats in your tap water/soil already - but seeing as you're using 60/40 theres nothing in it, as its inert.

You need some Coco or Hydro A&B.

It's the old type 60/40...60% soil to 40 coco...its what I was recommended way back when I bought it..I have calmag at hand if that's any good?

It's the old type 60/40.

Thats confusing innit!

It might not be as simple as adding cal mag, what with you being week 5 of flower.. is that plants pot wetter or drier than the others on average at all?

• Like 1

Just now, GSZZ said:

Thats confusing innit!

It might not be as simple as adding cal mag, what with you being week 5 of flower.. is that plants pot wetter or drier than the others on average at all?

All seem pretty consistent..watering every 2 days keeps it damp/wet or watering every 3 days makes them dry a bit more. Been watering every 2 days the past while

Thanks

• Like 1

I've had similar and in my case, calmag alone didn't sort it, but calmag and a little extra magnesium did - I have very, very soft water.  I think sticking to every 2 days might be wise while you figure out your issue.  In my case, a 3 day cycle in flowering (pretty much entirely wet->dry) seemed to stress them more than 2 day cycles.  Not the voice of experience, but seemed like it could be a similar thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

I've had similar and in my case, calmag alone didn't sort it, but calmag and a little extra magnesium did - I have very, very soft water.  I think sticking to every 2 days might be wise while you figure out your issue.  In my case, a 3 day cycle in flowering (pretty much entirely wet->dry) seemed to stress them more than 2 day cycles.  Not the voice of experience, but seemed like it could be a similar thing.

They could go 3 days and not be fully dry atm ...but the soil would be maybe dry out more on z couple of the plants. I'm puzzled lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IrishBob97 said:

They could go 3 days and not be fully dry atm ...but the soil would be maybe dry out more on z couple of the plants. I'm puzzled lol

Oh ok, 3 days it is!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IrishBob97 said:

It's the old type 60/40...60% soil to 40 coco...its what I was recommended way back when I bought it..I have calmag at hand if that's any good?

You can try to give just one plant cal mag and see if it perks up comparing to others next watering :yep:

Solid advice up,maybe try just coco plus AB for coco next grow,easier to correct deficiency,only regret is I didn't switch to coco sooner.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1