Blumats - installing in fully rooted pots in flower or not?

desertshaman

Hi all

I have 11 plants in 6.5l pots in flower at the moment

They're in tropic bat mix and have been in these pots for 5 weeks and they are 4 weeks into flower

I've been hand watering and haven't got around to installing my blumats yet due to life getting in the way!

I was wondering if it's still okay to go ahead  and put them in or is the risk of damaging the rootball too high now?

Because they're fully rooted I thought it might stress them having their roots damaged

Would appreciate any input from those in the know

Thanks a lot

Edited by desertshaman
Spelling

Shove the carrots in if possible. If not you've missed the boat. Next time, even if you don't intend using them, put them in at final pot anyway. That way if you do use them, there's a hole ready.

Don't forget to soak them for min 15 mins first, and put the lids on under water. 

Good luck

Edited by Slippy One

@slippy one..(tags not working)   Cheers mate I'll give that a go if I can in the next few days. Do you think the plants will be okay with having their root mass disturbed?

Have an unexpected friend staying with me so don't really get the time in the groom atm other than a quick water at night. If it goes smoother week I'll just see them out with hand watering I guess...:wallbash:

The roots will be fine, and you could just add some compost, just make sure it's completely covered to the base of the cap. 

You used these before? They normally take a week to dial in, as some folks have flooded their grow. Rig up a drain if you wanna be safe. 

Hey mate

I haven't used them before but have read up on it a bit and talked to Gareth at ecothrive as well. I have a 100 l garland tray to catch the overflow if it happens!

Thanks for your help

Cheers

DS