Timing for UV tubes.

GreenVision

Hi again all. Apologies for all the questions lately, lots of changes and if you dont ask you wont know.

The first loft grow is coming to an end and I defo' need to go back to LED. Love my CMH, but no, heat is having none of it. Even with my 12" fan capeable of tearing a black hole in space it wont shift that amount HID lighting heat from the loft room, I went crazy with the insulation.

So I'm treating myself to some Migro LED's, and I'm going to try out the UV bulb with them, see how I get on. They're £70 so why not.

It says 2 hours per light cycle, would it be safe to plug a Grasslin into the contactor to time this 2 hout cycle? So I have the contactor 8 way powering the 6 LED's normal light cycle and in one of the spare 2 outlets I plug a Grasslin into it and set it for two hours...??? It seems safe enough, or would it be better to run it from the extension lead I have the contactor plugged into?

As always many thanks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

I plug a Grasslin into it

The Grasslin timer wont keep time properly as power wont be going to it when the actual contactor is turned off. 

23 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

extension lead I have the contactor plugged into?

Naughty! lol 

Just now, GSZZ said:

actual contactor is turned off. 

Sorry I should of explained this better, I can see how that looks reading it back, the contactor has two seperate plugs /outlets for heaters, was thinking as they are just a power outlet (I dont think they are wired to the internal timer on the contactor) I could plug the Grasslin into one of those as I dont really use them?

4 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Naughty!

Its not as bad as it sounds. The Extension leads I use aren't your average picnic basket. Thermal cutouts, built in RCD, oversized cable and sheath equvilant to 30amp T&E, plug housing it almost heat proof. Were a little over £50 a throw. Used a lot on site when 110 isn't available :yep:

I'm well to fire cautious to plug a big 8 way contactor into an Argos home-brand lol