Plug Meter Reading 2

Chal

Didn't know that's what we called them.

Dead easy one, this ~ for those whose brain doesn't just lock up, when confronted with figures!

Two freezers. Plug each. Both just ran for 24 hours. Both appear to be pulling about " 50.0 " (? Kw presumably? That sound about right?)

Both set to work on the idea that I'm being charged " 31.66 ". That's the average, taken between the three bands I get charged by, per day. So, it's rough. But, ball park ish.

Running them, for 24 hours, has just cost me " 40.00 " each.

What The Fuck does That mean, please??? Is that liable to be forty cents / pence? Would that be about it?

Get this weighed off and I'll be running round the place like a lunatic. Plugging Every fucking thing in through these gadgets! Probably scare myself to death too! :D

Gave up with my energy consumption plug. I can't make much sense of it and the instructions are in broken english. It's been sat on the shelf for two years until I can be bothered to try work it out again. Poxy things

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Themadhippy said:

you sure that aint 50hz,the frequency of the mains

Not according to the 'instructions' :unsure: Of course, they're a bit bare boned. It's all down to pressing a given button, 1 - 7 times. I mentions / covers the hz bit, somewhere in the middle. I ignore that, because it's Lemon Song stuff.

As per why I bought the things, really; I just want to find how much things are costing me. But, my two major problems are (Apart from my 'numeric dyslexia') 1. I simply have absolutely no 'rough idea' to 'compare' anything to. I simply don't know how much a small chest freezer might cost.

2. There's no decimal points!

Know how, when we used to read our meter, we had to ignore the last digit? Well, with this thing, it's sort of guess work whether they mean 4, 40, 400 or what. And four hundred What?

Ah!!! I have the bit of paper, right here. I've just concentrated. It says it should show a number, underneath which will be a ' W '. Rushed out and looked:

" 54.X "  X = a single digit which is fluctuating wildly. Beneath it all? Fucking great ' W ' :yep:

Beneath That? " 8.8. 17 cost "

And I'm absolutely none the fucking wiser! :wallbash:

Really appreciate your effort though, in at least showing me I'm not typing in invisible ink, on this place :rolleyes:

Just now, BushDoctoR said:

Gave up with my energy consumption plug. I can't make much sense of it and the instructions are in broken english. It's been sat on the shelf for two years until I can be bothered to try work it out again. Poxy things

Solidarnosc!!! :thumsup:

See? I'm Not just some complete cunt!!!

54.X "  X = a single digit which is fluctuating wildly. Beneath it all? Fucking great ' W

so thats 54 watts,or 0.054 units of electricity every hour.If ya dig your electricity bill out  to get  the price per unit, which is around 30p in the uk ,so its costing £0.016 every hour its in use.

Beneath That? " 8.8. 17 cost "

hidden in some menu there should be somewhere to enter the cost per unit of electricity, randomly stabbing buttons whilst swearing often works best to find it.

• Like 1

Digging done, mad sir! Believe it or not? I put my note book back in its place - spotting some figures ... Yep. That's all the calculations I did, on someone else's advice, on here. Giving myself a working 'average' of what I'm being hit. I had to settle for that because I get charged in three 'bands' per 24 hrs.

So, yeah. It's been fed all that stuff ye mention. I put that note pad up. Next movement of my arm brought me back in here, on spec. And here we are, again :)

Oh. Sweet jesus! I just re read and 'took in' ye first part? Could you possibly now make any sense of what it's telling me then, please? (My mind just froze, when I tried to think about it. It does that. Rabbit meets headlights?)

So .... blah, blah ... Does it look, to you, like my freezer's probably ~ supposedly, due to the rather broad scoped info I've had to feed the meter ~ costing me this, initially suspected, '40 cents a day'? (My c. '40c'. Your c. 30p. Not a million miles apart then? Do You have a freezer? And one of these poxy plugs?! :D)

On 22/11/2023 at 3:22 PM, Chal said:

Didn't know that's what we called them.

Dead easy one, this ~ for those whose brain doesn't just lock up, when confronted with figures!

Two freezers. Plug each. Both just ran for 24 hours. Both appear to be pulling about " 50.0 " (? Kw presumably? That sound about right?)

Both set to work on the idea that I'm being charged " 31.66 ". That's the average, taken between the three bands I get charged by, per day. So, it's rough. But, ball park ish.

Running them, for 24 hours, has just cost me " 40.00 " each.

What The Fuck does That mean, please??? Is that liable to be forty cents / pence? Would that be about it?

Get this weighed off and I'll be running round the place like a lunatic. Plugging Every fucking thing in through these gadgets! Probably scare myself to death too! :D

A fridge probably will consume 500w, not 50w or 50kw.

let assuming you want to run a fridge 500w 24/h at 31.66p KW/h this will cost you:

0.5kwx0.3166$= $0.16 hour

0.16x24h=$ 3.8 day

3.8 x30= $114 month

dont use plug meters to calculate the cost.

use the plugs to verify the wattage consumption (ideally over 24h)

• Like 1

" A fridge probably will consume 500w, not 50w or 50kw. "

I just nipped out there and had another, hard look at it. " 47.8 / 48.1 ". It's flicking back and forth between them.

Piece of paper that came with them ~ I've just stared hard at That too ~ definitely says I'm looking at " Page 1 " of the display. And that that 'page' is showing me (in those figures) the " Current Power. The actual power of the electrical appliance connected to it. Unit: W ".

Now, clearly, You have an idea about these things. Ye'd think the Makers have too. I'm sat in the middle. Like some hapless fucking referee / arbiter.

How about then, Chingrish aside, we allow that they really do appear to drop decimal points in, randomly. For shits 'n giggles.? Then we have it that this piece of junk is telling me my freezer (Potato / Spud) is burning 478 / 481 w. That comes in way more comfortably with ye own estimation of what a 'fridge' will burn. Can we, for the moment, at least agree That's probably right?

Where's @Themadhippy got to? Has his head exploded?

Whether or not, I still have the original calculations I was advised to make, in order to find a ball park 'average' costing to feed this piece of shit. They make my head explode.

dont use plug meters to calculate the cost.

use the plugs to verify the wattage consumption (ideally over 24h) "

Wouldn't the above go a long way to allowing this to be done?

(Cue; Julie Covington)

• Like 1