Ac infinity and inkbird giving different readings

Tooblunt

Hi, I've just recently purchased an ac infinity cloudcom b1 as a spare thermometer/hygrometer for the room and also so I can track what happens in there with charts to compare. The only thing is, my ink bird remains pretty consistent at 26c for now and doesn't stray too far from the mark, but the ac infinity is showing swings from 24c - 28c and the humidity is even worse. 

It seems to change a lot faster than the ink birds which has me thinking that either the Inkbirds are slow at detecting the changes and should probably be switched out for something with a faster response time, or, the ac infinity is all over the place

Has anyone else encountered this? 

• Like 1

yep, I have a few sensors and average between them. the AC registers .1 degree changes, the inkbird doesn't, only in half degrees

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tooblunt said:

Hi, I've just recently purchased an ac infinity cloudcom b1 as a spare thermometer/hygrometer for the room and also so I can track what happens in there with charts to compare. The only thing is, my ink bird remains pretty consistent at 26c for now and doesn't stray too far from the mark, but the ac infinity is showing swings from 24c - 28c and the humidity is even worse. 

It seems to change a lot faster than the ink birds which has me thinking that either the Inkbirds are slow at detecting the changes and should probably be switched out for something with a faster response time, or, the ac infinity is all over the place

Has anyone else encountered this? 

I personally found AC Infinity more accurate than Inkbird...firstly because you can adjust the temperature and humidity displayed in the T controllers. 

I have a thermometer/higrometer which I trust and which match old school thermometer...so I reset my probe based on it...and both works very similar.

If you see a daily chart and there are situations were you open the tent or when the light turn off or on, you can immediately see it in ac Infinity how this is affecting the parameters.

Inkbird and others are as you mentioned less live in terms of information....but still pretty accurated....if for example I take an Inkbird and I move to another space...immediately the values is reading are changing....but when takes the correct average temperature/humidity of the space then is not always displaying up and down constantly.

• Like 1

I use an IR thermometer gun to measure avg temps around canopy and rootzone and then when I get it perfect I make a mental note of what my heat mats and fan controller are set to and what my sensors like Govee are reading. Plants soon tell you that they appreciate the efforts. 

• Like 1

I have the same, but ultimately, the 67 controller affects the environment being in control of the fan. I have tried setting my inkbirds to humidity and temp beyond the controller to make life easy for the fan and it seems to work, but using a lot

more leccy with dehumidifier being on more. Does that make sense? I’ve been tweaking mine for a while now and the humidity sensor in the Inkbird is calibrated +10%, but all readings are within 0.5° or 1%. I use 4 sensors, 67, IB 308 and IHC 200 and an Ecowitt. I’m not sure which sensors are used in these devices, but they are usually based on dht sensors and have varying accuracy, for your info;

https://howtomechatronics.com/tutorials/arduino/dht11-dht22-sensors-temperature-and-humidity-tutorial-using-arduino/#:~:text=The DHT22 is the more,with %2B-2 degrees accuracy.

Edited by Flamedodger
Makes sense to me
  • Like 1