'Power Meters' (Cost Checkers)

Chal

Have we a mathematical genius in the house, please?

I've got a pair of these gadgets. Had them a week. Don't know what to do :mellow:

My electric runs between Three cost bands, in 24 hours. One, we can just ignore. It's 'cheaper' for two hours, something ungodly o'clock. Rest of the time it's split between two rates. I don't believe these things are that advanced?

So; Anyone know the formula, please, for feeding the device, that'll give me the fairest idea of the 'Average' cost I'll be expecting? Obviously, I can feed what ever I need to into a calculator. Just need to know what to ask it to do with the figures. If that makes sense?

Cheers.

Just now, sweettooth said:

take the 3 bands and average it and have that as your average price pet watt.

Thanks. But, This is why I'm asking what to do. Ye've clearly Way overestimated my ability to comprehend Anything to do with numbers. Telling me to " Average " anything is like telling me to just master conversational Cantonese, and I'll be golden.

Take the 2 higher rates and add them together then half the total, so if one is 28p and the other is 36p, 

28 + 36 = 64 ÷ 2 = 32p + 5% tax gives an average price.

• Like 1

@porky you fucking Scholar! :notworthy: Cheers, mate! That I can - and am about to - do.

Heh! Fun 'n games can then ensue, as I try to fathom out how we actually Use these things! Have ye ever seen the 'instructions'?! :huh:

• Like 1

Just now, Amnesialocal said:

Chal you can use also: online free electricity cost calculator.

I wish you'd told me this, weeks ago!!! lol

@porky You're my saviour! I just put the figures ye said through the calculator. Looked at the resultant number. Looked at the meters. Looked at my gun .....

Saved by ye vid! :D I'd quite possibly have shot the fucking things clean off the wall!

(I'm not, Normally, like this. Got Two bitches in heat. My chair totally collapsed, tonight. I'm Aching like Hell, twisting and writhing in this hundred year old style Torture Contraption!!! My Toes have been Killing me, for Weeks! Even my mouse is playing me up! ..... I'm Not quite my usual, happy go lucky, no fucks given, self! :frown:)

Play with my meters, tomorrow :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, Chal said:

@porky.. I'm Not quite my usual, happy go lucky, 

You're not alone there.

I might be a bit twisted as I found your post worthy of some haughty chuckling.:mellow::)

Edited by porky
Removed ed that somehow snuck itself in on the end of a word.
  • Like 2