Need help choosing a Hydro-system

Ripen

I'm currently using Waterfarm 15L pots (x4), I'm fairly happy with them but have been struggling with algae, bacteria and root rot. I was using an additional bubbler with a clear tubing going through the clay. I was so sure it wouldn't leak light but I was wrong. It is now removed, so light leak is sorted! It's doing much better this grow, I don't have that brown slime algae that I had before, but I'm still having some brown floaters that I don't know what is. The rubber seal is getting a little "slippery", so there is a tiny bit of algae or something in there. Currently 3 weeks in veg.

The next problem is the topfeed. Got a good bit of green algae on the clay, but can't see any of that in the bottom of the pot. Not sure if this is a problem, but I see some people don't like topfed systems due to this issue.

I'm also doing an experiment atm, 2 of the pots have Great White and the other 2 have just Calcium Hypochlorite(2ppm every 2 days). The Great White is doing a bit better but also has a bit more gunk. Not much though!

The Waterfarm 15L:

large.WaterfarmJPEG.jpg

large.20231116_162242.jpg

I'm considering replacing my system, so what I would like is help to choose a new system from this website:(EDIT: It seems the website does not work for everybody, please see screenshots below)

You can simply divide the price by 10 and you roughly get GBP. This website has the most hydro systems on offer in my country, so it's the best candidate atm.

I've been looking at the IWS Oxypot 4, but skeptical about the fairly small distance between the plants. Also curious about how to empty the thing once a week. It's at roughly £230, which is pricy I know, but that's fairly cheap for this fucked up country of ours. My x4 Waterfarms costs £480 for comparison.

I know many of you guys have solid experience with hydro systems, so I was hoping to get your input. Which system would you choose?

Should I stick to the Waterfarm and figure it out?

large_SS1.jpglarge_SS2.jpglarge_SS3.jpglarge_SS4.jpg

Just now, Goodbloke said:

Link not working for me? 

Oh snap, what error message? It works here. Maybe it blocks foreign IP's.

I could snapshot it, but that would be like 10 images.

Edit: Nevermind, I can zoom out and create 4 images. I'll upload those instead.

Edited by Ripen

DuckDuck..... Can't open this page - A server with this host name could not be found. 

No idea, never seen it before. Let's see if the next person in has trouble. 

Just now, Goodbloke said:

DuckDuck..... Can't open this page - A server with this host name could not be found. 

No idea, never seen it before. Let's see if the next person in has trouble. 

I edited the OP now with screenshots! Thank you.

• Like 1

You just need to post within the site guidelines :) 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/guidelines/

Links to external commercial sites including links to images hosted on such are not allowed.

I see you managed to get a couple of images into your gallery and included them in your op,

you just need to continue in this way :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• 2 months later...

I have used two weeks now juurigrow hydroponic system and it seems to be good. Check their website there is sale.