How close is to close?

Wesleyterrier

Hi all, my last grow was in a 1m x 1m built in cupboard inside my house. There’s no where suitable inside now I have moved but I do have a good size garage/ shed. I’m looking to build a false wall and fully insulate the walls, roof and floor. 
My only issues is this is built next to an alley/ path which people walk down. I do have a fence and around 0.5m between the garage wall and path. 
The garage is built from thin asbestos cement panels and will have around 50-100mm insulation panels on the roof and wall. Would you be concerned being this close to a pathway, it will be more the fan noise than light and smell. Thanks 

You'll hear any decent size fan for sure. Maybe consider overspec'd fans run turned down in a box for some more soundproofing.

The only way you'll know for sure is to suck it and see. I think id be too paranoid to grow in that kind of setup tbh.

Edited by Strawberry Fields
  • Like 1

I'd be more worried about the asbestos myself.

Regarding the noise, you might be surprised. I always had paranoia over the years about my neighbour hearing my tent zip or fans but I recently got chatty with him and he hasn't got a clue. I wouldn't even run an oscillating fan in my veg tent I was so worried about the noise. Any music or shagging noises are very clear I can say that much lol

• Like 3

My shed is right next to the dividing wall, where my neighbours frequent. I used 50mm rockwool slabs (for thermal and acoustic insulation)then 9mm timber. The wall vent is situated low down for discretion and to minimise noise. The air from the fan/filter will pass through 1.5m of acoustic ducting before exiting via the vent, which I hope will keep it completely silent. I'm still building the thing so I'm not 100% sure how successful it will be, but I reckon that will be about right.

• Like 1

As above think I’ll build it and if I need to I can insulate the alley side with some loose rock wool fibre or maybe try some acoustic board. I’ll be venting into the internal part of the garage so hopefully I can hide the noise. If it doesn’t work I have a small outbuilding which use to house a washing machine so can look at moving it there and downsizing. 

• Like 1