Clone from cut average time

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

What's your average time to have a clone rooted from a mum?

I noticed that from feminised seeds they take a bit longer (+1week) ( not talking about genetic stability) Vs regular. Is it just me?

If I cut from a vegetative plant 2 weeks.

If I cut from a flowering plant ( w 3-5) around 4 weeks ( even 5) during which they will continue flowering (?!)

Any trick to faster the process?

Fem or regular has no bearing on rooting time imo.

More likely the genetics play a bigger part ie sativa/indica etc,that and the health and condition of the donor plant.

Peeps here hate it but I've always used rock wool cubes in a clear sealed bag.

Normally around 10 days to 2 weeks should show roots if the mother was in decent shape.

Gotta find what ever suits you and your schedule.

Good luck

Stu

• Like 6

Agree with everything stu says above, I allow a couple of weeks for clones in root riot cubes.

If taken from flowering plants the rooted clone can take several weeks to revert back to veg

under 18 hours light and throw up all sorts of weird leaves in the process. I never take from a flowering plant.

I get best results by reducing feed strength to the mother plant a week or so before taking cuts

and only take the growing tips avoiding anything 'woody'

atb

(another stu...:rofl:)

• Like 5

I allow 2 weeks for them to root in the cloner, mostly they produce baby teeth within the week. Happy to pot them up then but they mostly come out with at least a few inches of roots.

Different tek though, theres a guide on here in the DIY section

• Like 1

I had a jacks cleaner that would take 21days sometimes longer. Tried it with clonex, no different. There was another user on here said his was slow too. Definitely strain dependant. 

• Like 5

As kc stated strain dependent got some that will be about 10 days some are round 14 to 20. Got one strain can take 20 cuts and only get about 7 to 10 to root in total while my friends have given up trying to take clones of that strain. Bought a garland big 3 recently made it easier as keeps props at constant temperature.

• Like 2

10 days to 2 weeks for me most of the time.

As most say deffo strain dependent, some ive had are throwing out roots after 7 days.

Root riots always for me in a small prop covered in bubble wrap to defuse the light :)

• Like 3

Average I would say around 2 weeks.

Some have taken up to 4 in poor conditions, Some have come after just 7 days.

But I would say around the 2 week mark is average.

I do 24hr lighting, and now only use Shogun Katana roots at 5ml pl for clones and soak plugs in this solution. My best clone runs to date have been with this method.

• Like 1

So it could take From one week upto 5 weeks strain dependent I wonder if you could get down to two weeks that would be good it might happen.peace Goohfy.

Edited by Goohfy
Fuck ups spelling i am smashed
  • Like 1