Near chop , drying?

David Attenborough

I will be chopping at base of stem and hanging entire plant in the grow tent.

What are ideal temps and humidity? Its very dry in my place.

I take it extraction has to be quite low?

Do I need a recirculating fan?

If its already a dry area I would just aim for 18c with extraction on low, even if you add a dehumidifier it will add temperature to the room so I'd just aim for correct temperatures 

Edited by cannaboy_420

1 minute ago, cannaboy_420 said:

If its already a dry area I would just aim for 18c with extraction on low, even if you add a dehumidifier it will add temperature to the room so I'd just aim for correct temperatures 

Thanks man , I have an electric convection heater in the room outside the tent and I think its drying the air. Best ive been able to get is 35 rh by putting a trey of water under the heater. I should be able to fire up the central heating this week (boiler is on the blink) so that might help things.

13 hours ago, David Attenborough said:

I will be chopping at base of stem and hanging entire plant in the grow tent.

What are ideal temps and humidity? Its very dry in my place.

I take it extraction has to be quite low?

Do I need a recirculating fan?

The Rough Guide To Harvesting And Curing - Harvesting and Curing - UK420

It's worth taking a little time to consider where you are going to dry your bud. This may be an easy decision for some people and difficult for others. Ideally you're looking for an environment which is :

 15 - 18 degrees C and has low air exchange.

 Humidity should be kept below 50.

 Dark.

Edited by DutchFox

I would never dry my bud below 50%rh, I normally do 55% for the first 3 days then up it to 60% for the rest of the drying,

yes its what it says in that uk420 sticky..

depends a lil on temperature and correspondenting humidity....

i try to get the dryroom or garage or loft to get at 50% before i bring in the wet material.... sometimes it takes me days...to get to 50%.... :( and many buckets of water..... comes out of walls etc... :) 

at 50%  i bring wet stuff  in...it goes up to 60% in most cases....

Edited by DutchFox

19 hours ago, David Attenborough said:

Thanks man , I have an electric convection heater in the room outside the tent and I think its drying the air. Best ive been able to get is 35 rh by putting a trey of water under the heater. I should be able to fire up the central heating this week (boiler is on the blink) so that might help things.

Yea those things dry the air out drastically, I've never used one for growing because of that reason