harvestining dilemma

smallbuds

Iv got a real harvesting dilemma  had a crap auto grow with my firs coco this time,but iv let it run. im moving back to soil as iv only ever had a bad grow once with fungas nats with soil

got 5 autos in tent in auto-pots a coupe were fine 3 showed deficences 2 worse than others. Thing is i normally  i normally dry in tent

2 blueberry, 2 purple lemonade, 1 lemon pie  they soul all be ready at 9 weeks or so, but there not  one purple lemonade is ready now to chop

im at 9weeks and a few days now

The problem is one of the purple lemonade needs chopping asap. The other one and lemon pie need another week, im guessing.

The two blueberry's are catch up but looking them, I recon the need at least two more weeks of flower but will still be worth keeping 

i recon  from looking at em and the drooping leavs that it was cold shock now temps have dropped and other 3 were more tolerant

of lower temps

any ideas if how to play it and dry the one that need chopping asap

Just now, Lubdub said:

Maybe just harvest all of them in a week and move on to the next grow.

I don't thing the blueberry will be anywhere near a chop then may have to lob them.  I just took a look at the closest to chop with a microscope and its not as bad as i first thort

theirs very little clear,  there all cloudy, no amber yet so I may be able to push that one a week maybe a week and a half  if im lucky take another look

Have you run these from seed before? Might be worth checking the faster finishing one to see if it’s self pollinated herm or maybe rot . Both of these can cause a plant to look like it’s finishing early   

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Have you run these from seed before? Might be worth checking the faster finishing one to see if it’s self pollinated herm or maybe rot . Both of these can cause a plant to look like it’s finishing early   

yes i have ther all fastbuds seed ints not relly flowering late its a quick aurt 8 to 9 weeks  ushally redy at 9 and a half preveously its prity much on time its the others that are lagging epecily blueberry definatly no hemies in there and no rott at all      the lemon pie is on cue two and will be readdy in a week 

i thin like you say ill wait a week and haves the 3 and trash the two blueberrys unless they catch up by then

my temp is droping with lights on im droping to 16 deg in tent  this week  i need to find a cheap way to heat it with curent electric ripoff grows taling judt under 500w per hour . im wondering if i can get away with a iir heat lamp in there

as im not running central heating and just using gas fire  as im in a old house single glazed and it would cost me the price of a second  morgage at current gas price witha 30 year old boiler

If I need to harvest and dry a plant before the others it called for the good old dry box and ducting.

Just get a cardboard box big enough and connect it to the tent via ducting.

Like so (my last grow the Chardonnay finished earlier than the others.

large.20231005_193445.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Military Grade said:

If I need to harvest and dry a plant before the others it called for the good old dry box and ducting.

Just get a cardboard box big enough and connect it to the tent via ducting.

Like so (my last grow the Chardonnay finished earlier than the others.

large.20231005_193445.jpg

good idear stupid me just remembered I must be getting old   Iv got a food dehydrator  one of the cheap ones that you can mod down to low temp that i got for emergency drying a couple of years back

• 3 months later...

@Military Grade  do you think you could get away this setup but use a 1m tent in replacement of the cardboard box mate? Having a similar problem but with a couple of plants and no spare extraction 

Edited by lofthatchfarms
  • Like 1

@lofthatchfarms  1m tall? if so that would be fine as longit has the width also needd, Plenty of people use little tents for early finishing plants.

A tent would also be more convenient for the door access when checking their dry state, When i use tape cardboard boxes to hold the flaps closed the flaps can still end up opening, bloody cat got inside it one time lol

The only pros in favour of the cardboard box is it's cheap and it can easily folded and put away quicker

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@lofthatchfarms yes mate , thats pretty much exactly what i do but its a 60x60x160 tent rather than a box and i extract from the top for a slower (?) dry as it whips in cooler air from lower down.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Just now, Military Grade said:

cat furr reasons lol

Fair, little buggers moult anywhere and everywhere don't they!

With the tent i just opened a mesh panel at the back where my (podgy) cats cannot venture lol

One of them, not sure which one, did a honking shit in my drying tent last year :puke::fear:

Thankfully it was square in the middle of the garland tray and between runs but yeah, my own fault for not zipping up properly, im much better at g.room security now lol

:yinyang:

• Haha 2

Thanks guys @BilgePump @Military Grade and its a 1m x 1m x 1.8m so quite big space in comparison to a cardboard box hopefully have enough air movement, cant comment on the cats im a dog man myself 🐕

• Like 2