Oil heater for 10x5 tent?

chongboy

Morning all, 

Currently running a 2kw greenhouse fan heater in my 10x5 tent. It does a great job on keeping the temps up, but as the tent is now more crowded it is doing damage to the nearest plants.

Currently ive got it on a stand at canopy level. Would it be better on the floor at pot level instead?

Anyway cost and safety wise im considering moving to an oil rad, but unsure whether itd be possible to keep the tent at 27 with extraction going.

Anyone use one in a tent this size or is it likely id need one each end?

How big is your room?

My tents in an outdoor shed so cold environment.

Just ordered a 3k oil rad but just realised my enviro controller can only power 2k, so will either return it or run it on the 2k setting.

Is the shed insulated? If not your life is going to be a nightmare for the next few months and probably not worth the cost to heat.

You want to try and bring temps up in the shed and take it from there.

I grow in the garage in a room insulated with 50mm insulation board with a central heating rad and then heaters in each grow space and its still a bit of a struggle in the really cold months. Without the insulation and central heating I honestly wouldn't even bother it would just cost too much.

3 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

Is the shed insulated? If not your life is going to be a nightmare for the next few months and probably not worth the cost to heat.

You want to try and bring temps up in the shed and take it from there.

I grow in the garage in a room insulated with 50mm insulation board with a central heating rad and then heaters in each grow space and its still a bit of a struggle in the really cold months. Without the insulation and central heating I honestly wouldn't even bother it would just cost too much.

Its not no, and due to the nature of it it wouldn't be possible to either heat nor insulate where the tent is. I could try insulating the tent itself, but would be a lot easier if it was an 8x4 instead! I think ill get some sheets to go underneath regardless.

The greenhouse fan heater didn't really have an issue keeping temps up to 28, just when the tent gets full in flower im noticing the closest leaves getting singed. Probably best to just try and come up with some innovative way to mount the fan  heater on a pole above the canopy instead. Also going to go back to 16" oscillating wall fans either side rather than a cloudray s6 in each corner to try and mix it all up better.

Where do you extract from? The top or bottom of the tent? If your filter is at the top put it on the floor and hang a heater up top where the intake will be this is the way my room is set up. I run led lights so every little helps, what lighting are you using?

Yeah standard bottom passive intake and extract out the top. Id have to try and make some space and pull the tent away from the wall to try and extract out of the rear lower ports on the budbox. I did just read someone commenting about trying this earlier. Will try and switch it around when this grows done and I can empty and manoeuvre the tent a bit.

Do you have the filter below canopy level?

Running 2x 600w kingbrite bars.

Thanks for the tips

Edited by chongboy