I have issues with the PH.

I am trying to use rain water or RO.

pH 5.3 approx

Ec 0

I am trying to mix 20% tap water and I am raising the PH a bit 5.5 and EC. 0.18

I am using biobizz fertiliser ( Soil now) and when dosing I have:

PH 5.4

EC 2.1

I bought BIO PH up but it take lot of the product to raise 0.1/0.2 (5.6) and EC jump to 2.4 immediately.

Can anyone advise a PH UP that doesn't affect so much the EC? or share some trick how to raise the PH to 6-6.2 easily?

I would like to achieve PH 6-6.2 EC 2.1-2.4

NOTE: 

Could I consider tap water ( PH 6.0 EC 0.9) and increase EC from this point up to 2.1?

Also: should I test the pH of the water coming out from the pot? Or could I use the pH water meter to test the soil PH?

( Apologies I am aware lot of these questions are related with soil, but I guess in this thread is were better I could clarify how to modify water parameters)

Many thanks in advance

A

• Like 1

As your water is nearly pure, you can't measure pH. There needs to be a chemical buffer present, which is absent. Assume it to be very near pH7 in reality. Are you using hard water nutes? I think you need soft water nutes in RO. It doesn't have extra acid in it to neutralise the hardness. What did you measure pH with? 

What measurements do you get when you 50/50 with tap water? I would put some Epsom salts in this as well by raising the ec 0.1 with it. This should sort it with soft water nutes as well. This is the easiest. That should give 0.5-0.6ec

In soil don't worry about measuring what the soil is doing... it's not meaningful. All you concern yourself with after sorting it is putting in the right nutes as required.

Edited by catweazle1
removed pointless section

Thanks for the answer.

I am using biobizz....just dosage difference for different medium.

I am using Milwaukee for both pH and EC.

I will try 50/50 and Epson salt!!

My water is very hard.

Should I adjust the pH after add nites or before?

What about the pH up used in hydroponics?

Thanks