Easiest way to conveyor belt grows and harvests

pitchatent

Hi everyone,

I’m a fairly long term grower in that I’ve been doing it consistently for over ten years - no expert (far from it) and have been happy enough to get by and make do, knowing I could probably it increase yields with nutrients etc but as long as I have enough to smoke I’m happy.

Recent change in circumstances means I’m limited now to a small tent 80x80x160 - I have a viparspectra xs1500 in there and can just about squeeze in 4 plants (autoflowers) in 5 litre pots.  Any larger pots than that and I run out of space and would have to do less plants at a time and I’d rather have 4 plants in rotation to allow for more variety in strains.

I’m finding myself running low and needing to wait a few weeks between harvests y tik I have stuff to smoke again - can anyone suggest the easiest way to get a head start on a new grow in advance so I’m not running out as often?  I’m thinking even having two new seedlings under a half decent light for the first couple of weeks while my previous grow is finishing flowering would give me a small head start.  Is it better to go for a bigger tent to begin with or is there something I could do just to get plants started for a week or two to get me ahead of things in advance of moving plants into the final tent under the viparspectra light?

I have a spare Mars led light I could theoretically use for seedlings.  I even wondered about using something like an aero garden just to have a secondary place to get things underway.

I appreciate this is a bit of a weird question but I hope for some good tips or ideas, many thanks in advance!

If I popped a seed into soil tonight & it broke ground in 3 days I would expect a decent smoke from it, maybe, if every thing goes OK, next April.

I like to have seedlings & cuttings running before I crop or there will be gaps. Perpetual harvest is the A++ game.

That's when you know who your friends are. What's on their shelf?

To be me more helpful I guess two tents (flowering/vegging) is the way to go. Obviously not practical in some situations.

In the summer outside spaces can also be used.

You can pop a seed in a cup & give it a little love - wait and see. You never know!

Edited by Lux_Interior
  • Like 3

Having two tents/areas really helps when you struggle to get between harvests as I always found that initial start to take ages (with seeds) so knocking a good few weeks off helps. After you move your seedlings into the big tent you could use the smaller one for drying if you use a racking system or depending on the size of the tent just hang them in there. Are you strictly just an Auto grower? I only ask as I used to flower in a dr80 sometimes but I'd fit 4 11ltr pots in there with phtoperiod plants. I tried to find some photos but I can only find this old one

post-575-1267535680.jpg

Edited by KC
stoner moment

I would get a 1m2 tent and keep the 80cm for mothers, clones and veg. 

Build yourself a bit of a shelf in the 80cm giving you two tiers, keep your mother's and clones up top and veg plants below, this means when you harvest your next lot are ready to go into flower giving you 4 plants ever 8 or 10 weeks depending on strain.

This obviously is for photos but I'm sure you could work out some sort of timing for autos if you were set on growing autos but I personally wouldn't.

I got a black storage box lined it with reflective bubble wrap and put a 20w lumi light in there, the seedlings do better in there and gives me a 3 week headstart.

• Like 2