Inkbird On Android - Alarm?

Chal

1 hour ago, Chal said:

Is there any way to get an Audible alarm? Like I do for messages and things, on my phone?

Have you got the WiFi inkbird

Just now, Daniel151 said:

Does it give notifications when the alarm is triggered. 

Not Audibly. And, come to think of it - and before ye ask; I've never actually thought to sit and play with my phone, when I see the water in my tropical tank is heading for 50F.

Just now, Chal said:

Not Audibly. And, come to think of it - and before ye ask; I've never actually thought to sit and play with my phone, when I see the water in my tropical tank is heading for 50F.

So what I'm thinking is. If you get a sound notification for high temps etc. Then change the notification sound to an alarm sound just for that app/notification. Its not brilliant but I think that should work as a fix

On 5/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Chal said:

Is there any way to get an Audible alarm? Like I do for messages and things, on my phone?

:D Well, for anyone else ever searching for an answer to this question? Glancing at a yt vid' gave me the answer!

In the app. It's the " High (Low) Temperature Alarm Value " Setting! On the controller itself, where I'd set mine, this just causes the display on the controller to flash like mad.

According to the vid? Setting ye choices on the phone causes all fucking hell to break loose, when the temp's go astray! Noisy! Guaranteed to break the ice in public!

I haven't broken my latest heater, yet. So, I'm yet to actually experience it. But, there it is :)

7 hours ago, Chal said:

I haven't broken my latest heater, yet. So, I'm yet to actually experience it. But, there it is :)

:wallbash:Balls, guys!!! Fed the stove well, tonight. Glanced round and the Device is flashing!

Checked my phone? The App is flashing. Room itself has gotten warmer than I'd set the tanks parameters.

But; No Audible Alarm! :angry: I've been through this phone like smoke. Looked everywhere. Tried Everything. Can't get it to make a noise, along with the flashing.

Surely there must be a way? Inkbird can't expect us to keep checking our phones, visually, on the off chance of finding it's been silently flashing us a hidden warning for the last six hours?!