Pill-pressing decarbed flower

catweazle1

I want to press my own weed tablets from decarbed flower. Will it hold together and any other advice? I use a Herboven and the freshly decarbed weed still has an oily/dampish feel.

Edited by catweazle1

Just now, 5Lip said:

I bought empty 'caplets' from Amazon which worked a treat

Done that, but thought I'd try this. Making a couple of Rizla-bombs with it works fine too. Dry decarbed weed doesn't come on as quick but it works fine with something oily/fatty to consume with.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

The active ingredient is soluble in oliy/fatty stuff, just do that and strain the flower out, no? Why eat them separately, is it a health thing? 

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

The active ingredient is soluble in oliy/fatty stuff, just do that and strain the flower out, no? Why eat them separately, is it a health thing? 

There are elements of the experience that are missing in pure oil. I think here it's a case of what I prefer. I'd rather have pure decarbed weed than infused. I think infused has a softer effect than consuming raw decarbed. Obviously one needs a fatty component when eating it, but it seems you lose  that extra depth of experience that I mentioned earlier when just consuming infused oil, the way it's made, by wasting the solid matter. This is completely anecdotal.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

I've been taking decarbed weed in capsule form for around 18 months, in those 18 months I've lost 15kg in weight and my hair has started to grow back where it had receded, I'm convinced it's the capsules and the massive boost my cannabinoid system is getting every day. I don't mix any fat or oil into them, just decarbed weed.

I make size 0 capsules and usually take 4/6 every evening a couple of hours before I go to bed, what's wild is my nighttime farts smell of weed... :hippy:

• Like 3

I do capsules (000) with decarbed weed but I also add some infused mct, they just seem to work better somehow. I don't know the science. Eating decarbed weed has definitely got a different effect to consuming infused oils. Not saying one is better than the other but there is certainly a difference. I always get really naughty on the capsules lol

• Like 2

Just now, KC said:

I do capsules (000) with decarbed weed but I also add some infused mct, they just seem to work better somehow. I don't know the science. Eating decarbed weed has definitely got a different effect to consuming infused oils. Not saying one is better than the other but there is certainly a difference. I always get really naughty on the capsules lol

I don't take them to get stoned/high, I just take the capsules for the 'medicinal' benefits and weed farts obviously. :hippy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I don't take them to get stoned/high, I just take the capsules for the 'medicinal' benefits and weed farts obviously. :hippy:

I had weed burps when I made mine but I've also had years worth of stomach (acid / ulcers) problem which the caplets definitely seemed to help a lot

• Like 2

This piques my curiosity, as I’ve always made infused oil for injesting but once spent 2 weeks on Koh Samui eating raw brickweed on its own (no oil/fats) and the high was different if I recall. Anyone know the science behind raw? I’m guessing brickweed is already 90% decarbed for it to work. 

powdered bud in capsules sounds like a quick and easy way to medicate :yep: 

• Like 4

I can't eat it raw, no gall bladder so struggle to digest it, so I infuse 3 ounces of AVB to 500 ml of olive oil in the slow cooker for 2 hours. Seems to do the trick. 3 to 4 teaspoons gets me pretty hammered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

This piques my curiosity, as I’ve always made infused oil for injesting but once spent 2 weeks on Koh Samui eating raw brickweed on its own (no oil/fats) and the high was different if I recall. Anyone know the science behind raw? I’m guessing brickweed is already 90% decarbed for it to work. 

powdered bud in capsules sounds like a quick and easy way to medicate :yep: 

I do decarb it first. I make a pure milk coffee and take them with that. The fat component of that seems to be sufficient for me.  The brickweeed thing  probably 'accidentally' works something along the lines of those Malawi cobs but not by design..

Edited by catweazle1

I've ordered a manual 10mm single pill press. Will report here how it goes.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

My curiosity is also piqued.

Can anyone provide a rough suggestion as to what quantity is involved (in terms of weight)? When it comes to ingestion, titration is everything. It took me four overdoses to get the measure of my current batch of cannabutter. I did finally get it right :hippy:

12 hours ago, KC said:

I don't know the science.

There is very little science to know AFAIK. Strange considering the increasing popularity/legality of ingestibles in both the recreational and medical fields.

My guess is that it concerns 11-hydroxy-THC. Apparently in some areas it is available for therapeutic purposes see for example https://leafwell.com/blog/11-hydroxy-thc . But all of these sites cheerfully admit they know nothing about it! All that is known about 11-OH-THC is that it is a metabolic product created when THC passes through the liver; it is slower to be absorbed than THC and it inhibits THC uptake. Inhalation creates far less THC because most of the THC gets to the brain before it passes through the liver. It may be similar to THC both molecularly and psychoactively, but it is a different drug to THC.

Perhaps the difference between infusions and raw decarbed lies in how much THC gets converted into 11- OH- THC?